Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Sentenced to Death

Keroro1454

Well, the verdict has been reached. Thoughts? Reactions?

Personally I'm disappointed. Not because I advocate against the death penalty, but because he now gets what he wants: a riling "martyrdom". A much more appropriate punishment would have been a slow, sad death in confinement with no glory for him.

Some sources for preliminary reading:

http://time.com/3860809/boston-marathon-bomber-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-sentence/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/16/us/boston-marathon-bombing-trial-10-important-moments.html?_r=0

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/jury-boston-marathon-bomber-trial-reaches-verdict-sentenced-31076834

Nobody deserves to be sentenced to death, but at least he was punished. I'd rather have him get a life in prison.

In my opinion, one who attacks the lives of the innocents in an act of terrorism deserves death by torture, but for whatever reason its "moral" and "righteous" to care about the humanity and dignity of those who show no regard for the humanity and dignity of others.

For Tsarnaev, I feel that the Persian method if Scaphism or the Chinese method of Lingchi (death by a thousand cuts) is more than appropriate.

Read about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingchi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

Lethal injection is far too painless.

Theoretically, killing one person is equivalent to killing an entire family.

He and his brother killed 3 people iirc, so he deserves the death penalty.

A guy i know just suggested i rename my strange boston boom bringer to "Boston Marathon Boom Bringer"

Feels well in order about now

Nobody deserves to be sentenced to death, but at least he was punished. I'd rather have him get a life in prison.

I don't feel jail is a good thing. We end up paying taxes to keep these people alive. He deserves a slow painful death for inflicting pain on innocents.

I don't feel jail is a good thing. We end up paying taxes to keep these people alive. He deserves a slow painful death for inflicting pain on innocents.

No, he gets a lethal injection in another 10 years after all his "appeals" are handled.

We end up paying taxes to keep these people alive. 

Death sentence costs more.

He deserves a slow painful death for inflicting pain on innocents.

Yeah, you don't really come across as any better than him.

No one deserves to die a painful death, not even the worst of the worst. I feel sorrow for the people lost in the incident and whoever was affected, but it's inhumane to torture someone.

The thing I hate about the death sentence is that it feels like the accused just got away with his plan with barely any punishment. He already did what he wanted and now he gets to die somewhat quickly. We don't know what kind of life awaits him after this one, what if its something pleasant? Pretty darn shame in my opinion.

The thing I hate about the death sentence is that it feels like the accused just got away with his plan with barely any punishment. He already did what he wanted and now he gets to die somewhat quickly. We don't know what kind of life awaits him after this one, what if its something pleasant? Pretty darn shame in my opinion.

Well if he murdered a dude I don't think it'll be pleasant for him. And wouldn't you prefer prison for life over immediate death?

Well if he murdered a dude I don't think it'll be pleasant for him. And wouldn't you prefer prison for life over immediate death?

yes, I would prefer prison for life.

Not immediate, he has to go through some long as fuck appeal process first

Not immediate, he has to go through some long as fuck appeal process first

Living through the process is def more preferable to be killed right away. You can never have life back once it's gone, that's what makes life so #beautiful (and that appeal process would cost a ton for the government, why waste that money?)

Death sentence costs more.

Normally that is the case because it costs a lot to make sure that you arn't killing the wrong person...etc

In this case it's a bit different since there is little to appeal to and you can basically dartboard his entire list of crimes and any of them he would be sentenced to death or life in prison. I.e. the "death sentence costs more" doesnt apply to this case.

USA's(and probably most) punishment system is way too soft in my opinion.(I still don't know why homeless people don't commit random crimes to actually have a place to sleep and eat)

I'm a firm believer in an eye for an eye, and hell, it's an eye for 3 eyes in this case.

As w0lk said, he deserves it.

Fair's fair.

While I wish I could say I agree, the sad fact is that jail is actually cheaper than the death penalty.

With the amount of money that it costs the state to give a criminal his three appeals, the lawyers he gets from the state who have to be paid, the courttime, and the special treatment (death row inmates aren't with the rest of the inmates), it actually costs MORE to execute a prisoner than to keep them alive for the rest of their life.

Call it inefficient, but if cost-effectiveness is what you want, life in prison>death penalty.

Asking for another human being to die a "slow and painful death" is foul. The death penalty should have been abolished years ago. This ruling will not stop future attacks.

USA's(and probably most) punishment system is way too soft in my opinion.

Arguing for tougher punishments is essentially just arguing for more crime. Not to mention that USA's punishment system is already beyond insanity. 

(I still don't know why homeless people don't commit random crimes to actually have a place to sleep and eat)

A shitload of people are killed in prison everyday, in the USA aswell. Humans also tend to value their freedom pretty high.

Living through the process is def more preferable to be killed right away. You can never have life back once it's gone, that's what makes life so #beautiful (and that appeal process would cost a ton for the government, why waste that money?)

What kind of life is it where you are behind bars everyday? What if something good happens to him in the afterlife? You don't know these things

Asking for another human being to die a "slow and painful death" is foul. The death penalty should have been abolished years ago. This ruling will not stop future attacks.

I don't see how it would be 'foul'.

Someone committed multiple crimes that would make him spend the life on prison,killing him would actually be merciful.Having it be slow and painful is the only actual punishment.

Archived