Degreaser vs default flamethrowerPOLL

tskodje

Degreaser vs default flamethrower  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Degreaser vs default flamethrower

• Degreaser
    • Default flamethrower

The fast switch of the Degreaser makes it infinitely more useful than stock.

The only downside is damage but if you can puff and sting then the downside basically doesn't exist.

Degreaser. The quick weapon switch makes it infintely more useful than the stock IMO. Since the stock just offers more afterburn damage and damage when people come in contact with your flames. With the degreaser, you can have more opportunities to reflect projectiles where you might have not been able to with the stock and pull off combos with the reserve shooter/flare gun much more efficiently.

They're both pretty good. Degreaser with the flare gun, Flame Thrower with the Reserve Shooter I do.

If you do Degreaser + Reserve, then you can much more easily land a mini-frog due to the insanely fast weapon switch.

Degreaser is more useful in standard play. Puff n sting is an annoyingly effective strategy when you're one on one with an opponent.

Stock is far more useful in mvm though, or maybe phlog. Puff n sting just doesn't work against a horde of enemies, w+m1'ing is infinitely more effective and the degreasers reduced damage doesn't do it any favors.

Degreaser. The model is better.

Really though, degreaser. Being able to light then crit, or throw/mini is great. I use Degreaser/Reserve/Ax or Wrecker. The switch speed is necessary for the squishy little pyro.

I run both in different situtations. I typically play 2fort.

Stock: generally just wanting to play. Get reflections, mw1, puff and sting. Downsides is slow weapon changes when doing puff and sting. Also, i have an aussie one, so a bit biased.

Degreaser: generally going hard. Use it for same purposes but also to take out enemy pyros (i dont like to wm1 pyros). Its really useful against most pub soldiers.

But gameplay way, degreaser wins most of the time. However, i love using the flamethrower stock because 1) aussie 2) the technique is still the same, but i got style.

Degreaser for flaregun, stock for reserve shooter, the instant weapon switch of the degreaser+reserve shooter is unnessesary, i can pull of just fine with stock without giving up the damage but something that must be clear here is: Backburner masterrace Also, the degreaser is kind of overrated at this point, just sayin

Degreaser simply because its versatility makes it more convenient to pull off combos with other secondaries, like others above have already stated. This can also apply with some melees as well, such as the powerjack since you can just airblast someone into a wall, and be able to switch to it fast enough as they fall to get a final kill and just regain all of your lost health back.

The only problem I have with the degreaser is that because of the faster weapon switch and the little to no downside to using it, in comp it becomes pointless to use any other flamethrower unless you plan to flank with the backburner; in higher leagues phlog pyros can easily be taken down, rainblower is just stock, and stock is too much of a downgrade since your afterburn advantages does little when most of your fights are 1vs1 situations.

Also 

None because pyro is not a real class

Says only you.

The Degreaser is far better than the stock, and the reduced switch time stacks with the Reserve Sgooter .

They're both pretty good. Degreaser with the flare gun, Flame Thrower with the Reserve Shooter I do.

I do flamethrower with flare gun lol

Archived