Accidental Dupe?!?!?

festive obeliskus

What happened today was absolutely crazy. I was casually putting up my AWPer hand up for sale for a normal price of 3 ref. After time passed somebody accepted the trade. While I was trading there was a small internet timeout that lasted short enough to not cancel the trade but at the same time cause a glitch in the item transaction. The guy I was trading with had the AWP yet I still had the AWP too.

Im kinda worried that the price will lower for this specific AWP now that its duped. Is it even duped? I don't know. This is the Item that I think we duped somehow:

http://backpack.tf/item/1484973058

Guy who has the other AWP:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ScoutThe

If you can find out exactly how you did it, report it to valve in detail so they can fix it. You may get something out of finding a duping glitch

I'm not sure why if this happened that it would have a different craft number, weird still, you're all good, you got free ref basically.

Alright, I was so scared there, cheers guys. I'm kinda new so thanks :3

Nobody gives a shit whether a 3 Ref item is duped.....

If you can find out exactly how you did it, report it to valve in detail so they can fix it. You may get something out of finding a duping glitch

this has happened before, but its extremely rare and i doubt there's a way to fix it

Nobody gives a shit whether a 3 Ref item is duped.....

That's not entirely true. It doesn't matter in actual trading, but a 3 ref item being duped means that a higher value item could be dupe in the same way.

Same things happened to me before, I actually figured a way which might work duping them, so we had both got each others items and the item before the trade, if I traded the hats which weren't meant to be there with each other same hat 1:1 but that guys was being a small dick and declined the trade, we will never know

It wouldn't even matter. Dupes don't matter if they're only worth 3 ref.

+1. Dupes don't even matter if they're 15 keys, anyone who tells you otherwise is full of shit lmao.

@OP it wont affect the price, nor would anyone check the history on an item worth that little.

How sure are you that our trade was accepted? Could always have been that the trade didn't actually occur due to the timeout.

Check your trade history to see if the trade did get processed.

Archived