PUGs

tskodje

Today I joined tf2 center and played highlander and 6v6, it was the most fun I ever had in tf2. What's your opinion on PUGs? Also,when I get better (probably will take a lot of time), what is the next step I take?

Personally, I like pugs. They are a pretty cute breed. SirActionSlacks also has a pug that joins his stream all the time, Mr. Roo. Pretty adorable

Can't really speak for PUGs but the "next step" would be joining a competitive team.

You could post on the UGC forums for that and if it's your first go Iron/Steel are always a good place to start.

If you're in Europe you also have ETF2L as a very good option for competitive play.

Personally, I like pugs. They are a pretty cute breed. SirActionSlacks also has a pug that joins his stream all the time, Mr. Roo. Pretty adorable

A www :3

whats a pug

Stands for Pick Up Game. Basically, just going on TF2Lobby.com or something of the sort and joining a random competitive game.

Obviously, positive. I was honestly amazed with amount of teamwork when i watched VOD's and played my first lobbies.

You will come to point eventually where >50% of pub players are fucking retards who can't do a shit. Just being honest

~~~~~

Basically, just going on TF2Lobby.com 

Hello from 2013 or whenever it stopped working properly.

PUGs are pick-up-games, you generally do them via IRC or something. You have to have to use comms on TF2Pickup, so it has a higher skill level than lobbies. The best way to improve, though, is to play scrims with a team. Go to etf2l.org/recruitment and start in Open, or UGC EU Iron/Steel and trial for some teams. Lobbies can only help with DM and only a little, if you want to learn DM, movement, positioning, teamwork, etc, do PUGs or scrims.

The thing that annoys me about tf2pickup is that you have to have done stuff on ETF2L, but I'm in ozfortress :/

Personally, after playing many PUGs they tend to get very boring and frustrating because usually you'll be paired up with players that may or may not match your skill level. The next step is to join a team and start playing some Scrims.

Judging by your hours, you're probably better off sticking to PUGs for a while :P. I didn't really move up to competitive before I was at 2000+ hrs.

Archived