Fps Help

Mitten

Yo,

I recently come to believe that when I'm around other players, I get substantial FPS drops. I can go from maintain a constant 132 fps with no other players in view to about 60-90 when I see ~1-8. I've been unable to fix this issue, and I was hoping for some advice (This is when the game is run in dxlevel 90).

My specs (which I'm pretty sure should be able to run tf2 at high settings. I'm usually forced to run at dxlevel 81 with everything on low except for textures):

- i7 3537u

-1gb Nvidia gt 630m

-8 gb ddr3 ram

That's just how it works. More players means more things going on, which drops fps

Yes, but they could just be standing there doing nothing. I also wouldn't think that the fps drop would be that significant

i suggest getting an unlocked i5 cpu and overclock it

Thats not going to do anything at all

OP

you should be fine until you drop below 30fps

If you really need to try turning off AA and lowering shader and shadow detail

Yes, but they could just be standing there doing nothing. I also wouldn't think that the fps drop would be that significant

but your still forgetting that instead of a empty textured landscape, you are now having to render and animate in your view 8 different models, most likely with different cosmetics and different classes. it happens to me more than often, its just how the game runs. Also nothing wrong with a laptop, i use one too and it works perfect ^^

Thats not going to do anything at all

OP

you should be fine until you drop below 30fps

If you really need to try turning off AA and lowering shader and shadow detail

I'm late. Anyway, when I run the games I run it at extremely low settings (characters faces don't move or flex, jiggle bones are off, shadows are off, blood is off, particles are reduced etc). It's also the least demanding version of dx90.

One thing I forgot to mention is that particles also destroy my fps. Looking at a medibeams or getting directed by a pipe or rocket reduces my fps by about 75% for about half a second

Also, anything under 80-100 fps is unplayable to me

Archived