Do you believe in love?

λngelღмander

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, nerds grow up to be the best people and the best girls find it adorable. :)

i know it's super meme-y but the whole reddit MRA atheist dudebro neckbeard "muh games" stereotype is real in so many ways even if they are now the ones making those jokes. and guess what, they're still awful and toxic people.

there are a lot of lovely nerds but there is definitely a large subset of nerds who believe they own the rights to the concept of being a nerd. see also: /r9k/

/r9k/

*hurk*

Ahem, anyway.

People who say they don't believe in love either haven't truly experienced it, or are taking the love they do have for granted. Even aromantics experience platonic love, if not the sexy kind.

Even aromantics experience platonic love, if not the sexy kind.

i'm 99% sure that there are people out there with disorders which would prevent them from accessing a feeling like love in anything like the same way as we think of any form of it, also the point about aromanticism is that it's not asexuality. aromantic means not experiencing romantic feelings including romantic love, which is complicated by you throwing in the word platonic but still you get my nitpicking point.

i'm 99% sure that there are people out there with disorders which would prevent them from accessing a feeling like love in anything like the same way as we think of any form of it, also the point about aromanticism is that it's not asexuality. aromantic means not experiencing romantic feelings including romantic love, which is complicated by you throwing in the word platonic but still you get my nitpicking point.

I'm aware that aromantic and asexual are different things. You're preaching to the choir.

The actual definition I've been given by both my asexual and aromantic friend involved the distinction being a lack of -romantic- love. Platonic (familial, etc) love is present in both 'conditions'.

Aromanticism and''not being able to feel love'' are not the same thing. But even those who can't feel it experience it.

Don't nitpick. Please. Leave it here.

I know you won't

I'm aware that aromantic and asexual are different things. You're preaching to the choir.

The actual definition I've been given by both my asexual and aromantic friend involved the distinction being a lack of -romantic- love. Platonic (familial, etc) love is present in both 'conditions'.

Aromanticism and''not being able to feel love'' are not the same thing. But even those who can't feel it experience it.

Don't nitpick. Please. Leave it here.

I know you won't

yeah i mean i pretty much assumed you knew what you were talking about really. also i wasn't trying to equate aromanticism with not experiencing love in any form, either. a bad post from me all round, really. mb.

Don't look for it, don't hope for it, don't believe in it. Because that person will eventually betray all you thought they were and shatter your life into a million pieces.

Cliche, I know, but it's still the best way to describe it.

sLXVXmw.jpg

I bet you even own this shirt.

yeah i mean i pretty much assumed you knew what you were talking about really. also i wasn't trying to equate aromanticism with not experiencing love in any form, either. a bad post from me all round, really. mb.

Well, you're a better man than I for admitting it <3

Archived