Do you believe in love?

λngelღмander

Yeah, I think there is a such thing as unconditional love. The way you worded the question though sounds more like wanting to spend every waking moment with someone. Which is weird.

But I believe that it is possible for 2 people to accept eachother for what they are and what they are not for more than a life time. Naturally there will be disagreements and things will not be perfect, but I think that love means more than liking the same things, or agreement on the same things, or politics, or even religion. True, unconditional love does exist, the hard part is finding the one.

cries in my corner from lonelyness

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darling you give love a bad name.

Yes I believe in love. But real love isn't always as joyful and fun as it is in the fairy tales. But the real question is of course: do you believe in life after love?

Darling you give love a bad name.

Yes I believe in love. But real love isn't always as joyful and fun as it is in the fairy tales. But the real question is of course: do you believe in life after love?

DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER LOVE?

I REALLY DONT THINK WE'RE STRONG ENOUGH NOW.

Of coursie i believe in love. Whether it is true love or infatuation is another thing but of course love exist.

I mean, if anyone here is typing a comment, you should believe in love because your parents raised you up to this very point.

But some people have some pretty bad parenting right? Well then look at a friend. Sure, they dont LOVE love you, but they care about you, and that in itself is a form of love.

Society today has these notions of what love is or will be, but its up to mostly outselves to find it. Never lose up in finding it; its always been there.

Im a staunch believer in the idea that love is the purpose of life.

I kinda agree. I also believe our sexual instincts / or love if you want, is the fundamental reasoning behind most of the things we do.

Yes, love is real, assuming you go by the definition you gave. It doesn't always go the way you want it to though.

• Administrators

Songs have I had stuck in my head because of this thread:

Do you believe in magic

What is love

Do you believe in life after love

You give love a bad name

Hate this thread.

Songs have I had stuck in my head because of this thread:

Do you believe in magic

What is love

Do you believe in life after love

You give love a bad name

Hate this thread.

Another great one for you :)

OT: Yes, love exists. You just have to find it yourself.

personally quite enjoying DO YOU BELIEVE IN LIFE AFTER LOVE on repeat in my somewhat addled head right now. and if it gets tired there's always the most useful youtube video of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktbhw0v186Q

@OP obviously yes love is real. sometimes you have to adapt a bit for someone to be willing to give you a chance, or adapt in order to show someone that you can be more than you have thus far shown to them. in general; don't sit around waiting for the one true love who is going to appreciate you for who you are, flaws and all. someone who does that and doesn't expect a certain amount in return is probably somewhere nearer infatuated than in love, a state which can last, but ultimately they have an image of you that is not representative of who you are and it will eventually fall apart.

co-operation is vital.

Don't look for it, don't hope for it, don't believe in it. Because that person will eventually betray all you thought they were and shatter your life into a million pieces.

Cliche, I know, but it's still the best way to describe it.

Don't look for it, don't hope for it, don't believe in it. Because that person will eventually betray all you thought they were and shatter your life into a million pieces.

Cliche, I know, but it's still the best way to describe it.

the best way to describe love, or the fast track to being a lonely misanthrope with the maturity of a 13 year old?

forums.backpack.tf decides

• Administrators

Love isn't some magical amazing thing that will fix everything in your life, if you don't expect that then your life won't be shattered by anything.

I love my husband and I'm happy he's in my life but I don't need him and I'd be ok without him. My best friend died when I was 19 and I thought that would destroy me but I go on, and will always, because love is a wonderful thing that enriches my life, from my friends and my family and my partners, and losing love is always sad but is never the end, love has endless possibility if you are open to it.

To love is to destroy, to be the one loved is to be the one destroyed." Jace Herondale, City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare.

Surprisingly, its true. I can't recount how many times my heart's been broke from various people, some not as dear to me, but some hurt like an AWP bullet straight through your head at point blank range. Sure, from all the random fantasies and kid stories and love novels we might think love is a divine thing, and having it is almost like having god protecting you for the rest of your life. You don't feel vulnerable, hated, lonely. You feel wanted, needed, being protected, and nothing's possibly better than that.

But before all those stuff happens, love is basically a soldier that has a whole arsenal of weapons pointing and shooting at you, and you're merely a normal human being. The pain hurts like HELL. Love drives people crazy, love can force a person into permanent heartbreak or at least for a long time. But even so, love is asked and demanded for many of the brave people that don't feel its wrath, and decided to challenge it. Those who succeed could have one of the best rewards in your whole life. Those who don't however... It'll be a different story.

The reason why my name's like that is because I can't bear people getting hurt from love. If they're hurt, I'm here to help and mend them so that they could at least feel better, because lets face it, most of us probably cried ourselves to sleep when our first love has been taken away or left you. I perfectly realised that. That's why I'm here. To help. If there are no such people as us, this world would have been bathing in agony because of love. So please, don't believe nor trust love completely. It will disappoint you with pain.

That's all I'll say for now. I love everyone, even if they are people who are absolutely horrible, I still love them, because everyone deserves to be loved, instead of being hurt by love.

I have a couple of friends but yeah... my fellow nerds x).

I never had a girlfriend.

I just am to ashamed to even talk to one i like.

You never had  GF? haha you totally aren't 16 you fucktrard ROFL get a life procave

• Administrators

I have a couple of friends but yeah... my fellow nerds x).

I never had a girlfriend.

I just am to ashamed to even talk to one i like.

You never had  GF? haha you totally aren't 16 you fucktrard ROFL get a life procave

My husband had never had a gf when he was 16, and he was super shy when he was interested in me. Don't worry, nerds grow up to be the best people and the best girls find it adorable. :)

What I mean is, do you believe that there is a person in the world capable of appreciating who you are and wanting to spend their valuable time and energy to be around you, and exalt in your presence?

no

that is a concept made up by the humans like time

Archived