Stop posting your trades as status updates

puddingkip

Seriously it has become quite annoying to see that half of the status updates are just shameless self advertising posts. So please stop posting these links as the only thing they result in is spamming on your trade. Of course if something hilarious happened on your trade that others should see just link it but this has become annoying.

1336840675602.jpg

p.s I am sorry for the SUPER shitty meme, I googled agreed and cba to find a decent one. Just wanted to make the point!

Seriously it has become quite annoying to see that half of the status updates are just shameless self advertising posts. So please stop posting these links as the only thing they result in is spamming on your trade. Of course if something hilarious happened on your trade that others should see just link it but this has become annoying.

Except trades tend to get more action once theres already some action to begin with. 

Also, Its not like anyone ever has any decent statuses anyway

Except trades tend to get more action once theres already some action to begin with. 

Also, Its not like anyone ever has any decent statuses anyway

I actually do read through all updates. Most are Shitty yes, but some are good. And the "action" such a trade gets is mainly "lewl highballing nub" or a ridiculously low offer.

I actually do read through all updates. Most are Shitty yes, but some are good. And the "action" such a trade gets is mainly "lewl highballing nub" or a ridiculously low offer.

I find it useful as you nubs semi lowball me on my auctions so the lowballers stay away.

the outpost trade links get nothing but spam

And the "action" such a trade gets is mainly "lewl highballing nub" or a ridiculously low offer.

No doubt, but for some reason, i tend to get more offers once i already have a couple posts--even when they're just random spam. It makes the trade look older/more legit. Don't ask me why.....i just dont know

/implying the forums are serious in the least. 

There are 2 places where these forums are actually serious, economy and general discussion section, and thats only sometimes. 

Yeah, I find it annoying too sometimes.

You click it since you are curious. Then you just end up seeing its someone his trade filled with things you are absolutely not interested in in buying. In my case: unusuals.

That's why I dont mind people who post things like this: " http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/14025794 - shameless self advertising ". Which is in no way decieving.

You know they are looking to sell their stuff, you'll know where you'll end up.

Or people who post something like this " http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/14025794 -trying to sell my crap" etc.

I think you are getting my point. If it's clear I'll end up on one of their trades where they sell their stuff I don't really mind they post it.

Well, in the end I guess they are free to do what they want. But yeah, I understand where you are coming from.

• 4 months later...

dude stfu

Hmm necroing an old thread outside of the great below with an useless offtopic comment. Actions have been taken.

@Topic: It's a bit annoying yes and people should not post their outpost link everyday. It would be better if they would only post auctions, quicksells or buying trades.

Hmm necroing an old thread outside of the great below with an useless offtopic comment. Actions have been taken.

@Topic: It's a bit annoying yes and people should not post their outpost link everyday. It would be better if they would only post auctions, quicksells or buying trades.

I'm quickbuying Beanies. That's all.

Item trading subforum?

no one looks in there...

i just mark the whole sub-forum as read every time someone bumps/lists a trade. 

no one looks in there...

i just mark the whole sub-forum as read every time someone bumps/lists a trade. 

Well with the update they're now showed on bp.tf main page when you create one. So that might add to it. And I always read the new topics. If only bumps there wouldn't count as "new" stuff I'd read it

Status is much more easier for people to see.

For a few minutes until other people post what they're trading, and it turns into a circle of shameless self-advertisements.

For a few minutes until other people post what they're trading, and it turns into a circle of shameless self-advertisements.

Im curious to know if users have actually gotten decent deals from bp users

Im curious to know if users have actually gotten decent deals from bp users

bp users bump up offers on auctions

ty baloo

• 1 month later...

Archived