What is the most annoying thing about tf2 traders?

A Modest Espeon

When they comment saying they added you, then send a trade offer and added you

wtf

and comment on your outpost trade with a offer

makes me cry

liek if you cri everytiem

People who have a B/O of an certain amount of keys and then when i add them they want more than their B/O

TL;DR They wants 14 keys, i want to buy them for 14 keys, they want more.

Instructions unclear, got paw stuck in fan

What bothers me is how a good 60% of the people selling things overvalue their own items and try to play the noob card when you call them out on it.

Also, earlier I ran into a guy spamming that he wants to buy the Cut Throat Concierge of various people while having his own offer up to sell a Cut Throat Concierge 1.5x the price "For a profit". Doesn't even have the Cut Throat to sell, he's waiting to buy it from someone else before he can sell it to others

http://i.imgur.com/Wfi8y5v.png

Oh, and people who use "I don't use Backpack.tf, don't send me a trade offer for the Backpack.tf price" as an excuse to sell their items for double the price X3

vkdeVgw.gif

*Receives new trade offer*

2 seconds later

"Items Now Unavailable For Trade"

I can relate with this

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got another one

When people add you, then use a bud inflated priced unusual to try to sell to you

Seriously, your unusual ain't worth that much no more

Many many things.

People call you a scammer if you have prices listed higher then bible.tf prices.

They add you even when you state ONLY TRADE OFFERS.

Lowballs. 

After breaking one of your rules, if you're rude to them, they'll say "no one would trade with a rude person like you".

One main thing, Outpost traders don't know how to read, which is really sad.

I just love the ones that are willing to leave bad rep on ur steam profile because of not taking their low offer . LOVE IT ! 

People who go on one of your trades for an item you've been selling/looking to buy for a long while, only to leave a message insulting or being sarcastic about something in your notes/your price. An example would be when you're selling low crafts, looking for a specific level/craft numbered item, or in a recent case with me, don't understand what overpay is and just leave a message going "lol.

people who don't have pure, can't afford to item overpay, and added you because they want to call you names for not giving them free money. 

When you send someone an offer for their b/o, and they let the offer expire without even sending a message (like 2 weeks?), even after leaving messages on their trade/profile that I sent an offer. Their trade stays bumped and they're online and playing games so I know that they see it..

People who value their painted items full price when you're valuing yours cheaper.

Was selling a white bmoc for only 4 keys and got offered a lime one.

Russians

I hate, hate hate hate hate hate hate hate, hate trading with Brazilians and Venezuelans. No racist.

9/10 times they add me, whatever, I prefer trade offers but the majority of my trades are from adds so I don't complain. Then they offer me an item, usually painted, and I thank them for the offer but I decline. They ask why, then proceed to quote backpack.tf/pricelist at me. Since *most of the time* *most BR and AR I come across* only know a little bit of English, they can't understand any arguments on the matter and they keep repeating themselves and retrying to make the same trade. After refusing them yet again I am usually called a scammer.

It is absurd and its racist as hell, but I've had such a wasteful experience probably due to a language barrier and a cultural difference with that region. But I accept the friend invites every time, because 1/10 times it goes smoothly and I don't get upset.

I hate, hate hate hate hate hate hate hate, hate trading with Brazilians and Venezuelans. No racist.

9/10 times they add me, whatever, I prefer trade offers but the majority of my trades are from adds so I don't complain. Then they offer me an item, usually painted, and I thank them for the offer but I decline. They ask why, then proceed to quote backpack.tf/pricelist at me. Since *most of the time* *most BR and AR I come across* only know a little bit of English, they can't understand any arguments on the matter and they keep repeating themselves and retrying to make the same trade. After refusing them yet again I am usually called a scammer.

It is absurd and its racist as hell, but I've had such a wasteful experience probably due to a language barrier and a cultural difference with that region. But I accept the friend invites every time, because 1/10 times it goes smoothly and I don't get upset.

I had a Venezuelan dude trade me and tell me to "give wreath" in spanish so I put in my smissmas wreath and he gave me a TOD. My only experience trading with those guys and it was good.

when people add you then just invite you to trade without saying anything

when you can tell what time school gets out in certain countries because an influx of people from that country add you every day at a certain time *cough* Poland *cough* Brazil *cough*

- When they add you and try to convince you that their hat is worth the 6-month outdated backpack price in keys

- When they add you to offer and it becomes obvious that they didn't offer on your trade because their offer is absolute shit. And....

-....then try to manipulate you into a trade with their "expert" negotiation skills

- When they don't understand the concept of overpay.  Either they don't understand the purpose of overpay or think that you should overpay for their hat even though they are the ones offering on your hat. 

- When they add you to sell keys via paypal and then want to sell 2 keys at a time for fear of being ripped off, even though you have pages of rep and they have none

- When they make an offer, you accept, then 10 minutes later they back out because they now want another hat

- Tentative offers

- Offers that include items that will be tradeable at a later date

- When they ridiculously overvalue their hat and try to back it up with offers they also ridiculously overvalue

One thing I really hate: people offer on your x, x is not listed for sale anywhere. To make it worse, they can't afford it or make a shit offer

Sick and tired of the phrase "can do....."

I ask for 50 keys. They write: Can do a Max Head and 10 refined

No, you can not do that because i won't accept that shitty offer and i hate the phrase.

How about: I'd like to offer... or Are you interested in my....

FFS.... how i hate can do...

Actual words by someone who wanted my DBD Modest

I will give you 20 keys, because this is 3rd gen and it is very hard to sell hats with this effects

People who "don't use shitpack.tf values" for their hats and when you offer they value yours at low-end "shitpack.tf prices"

People that are online/ingame and still take HOURS to respond to an add or trade offer

Archived