Desktop

Mr.Mem

This is probably my 3rd or 4th desktop topic, but hopefully it's the last one. I'm looking for a desktop with an i7 processor, 16 gigs of RAM, and preferably under $700. I'd greatly appreciate any help.

$700 is a little bit cheapy for that kind of desktop, don't you think?

My currency laptop has an i7 and 8 gigs of ram: 1200€

Good luck scoring quality parts and a 4790K for $700, it is nearly a third of that price. It's pointless to get such a nice processor with low quality components, you should probably try to get a i5-4690K instead, if not you better start saving <3

^ to all previous posts.

700 isn't a lot of room to work with as someone said earlier, but you can try to? I'll see what I can find for you. 

i7, and 16 GIGS? that's overkill.

Yes, I know it sounds hard, but just build it instead of a pre-built. You'll save like, 50%.

Here's a decent build:

fj1OX5D.jpg

not made by me, but by /r/pcmasterrace dudes

you could get it cheaper by buying second-handed parts.

so that

EDIT: fuck just realized 700, not 800.

nvOQfhW.jpg

$700 is a little bit cheapy for that kind of desktop, don't you think?

My currency laptop has an i7 and 8 gigs of ram: 1200€

laptops are much more expensive than desktops.

Good luck scoring quality parts and a 4790K for $700, it is nearly a third of that price. It's pointless to get such a nice processor with low quality components, you should probably try to get a i5-4690K instead, if not you better start saving <3

He could easily get an i7 and good quality components with that budget -- the only limitation will be with the GPU -- which he may not need/care about depending on his use. 

i7, and 16 GIGS? that's overkill.

Yes, I know it sounds hard, but just build it instead of a pre-built. You'll save like, 50%.

Here's a decent build:

You don't even know what his use case is.... For all you know he's rendering -- in which case an i7 would still beat either of those choices. 

http://www.amazon.com/HP-i7-4710HQ-Hybrid-Windows-Notebook/dp/B00N525II4

http://www.amazon.com/i7-4770-7200rpm-Professional-Business-Computer/dp/B00R9S5IHG

But if you're looking to go the easy way out and paying a lot more, you can try these two. A bit priced above for the laptop, and about 250 more.

I'll post parts later.

An i7 +16gb of ram for $700 is definitely doable. 

Xeon E3 1345v3 ($260~) -- Xeon 1230v3 if he already has a gpu he can use for video output ($220~)

H81/b85 board ($50~) 

16gb RAM ($110~) 

1tb hdd ($50~) 

500w psu ($40~)

case ($50~)

Archived