Should I main sniper or pyro

tskodje

Wow-_-, I obviously like both, and why should I main pyro, tell me WHY

Main both

Problem solved

Buy swag for both classes 

If you Pyro and you use degreaset and flare gun,ill kill you with a toilet paper

Sniper,its easier

also when you migrate to other games,you'll be influenced

Sniper, if you get your aim down it helps most of the other classes if you have to use them.

If you are good at sniper, you can play most of the classes without much trouble but pyro is very specialized and isolated on skill set.

Depends are you good at range or close quarters

I've seen your bp well it seems that you have put more effort into getting hats and stranges for you Sniper.

You might as well main sniper, seeing as maining pyro is literally just knowing what a spy is and occasionally reflecting some shit.

Also, what's the point of having a main when you have relatively little time in the game and don't play comp? You should at least spend the time to get decent at all the classes.

People respect sniper mains a lot more, if that makes any difference.

Speaking purely in in-game terms, and meaning no offense, sniper mains are scum and everyone hates them.

You might as well main sniper, seeing as maining pyro is literally just knowing what a spy is and occasionally reflecting some shit.

Getting very good at pyro takes alot of skill, going up against a pyro who has mastered the class most likely would take out over 3 - 5 people per death on some skial server.

Speaking purely in in-game terms, and meaning no offense, sniper mains are scum and everyone hates them.

People don't like them as they cannot out snipe them(they usually leave or rage sniper/spy). Someone who mains sniper can play many other classes as they would tend to have better cross hair placement over someone who mains pyro(The classes are balanced IMO, it is just who really is better and who has the better setup of weapons)

As an ex-mid-division Pyro, I can at least explain the role a bit (It's probably more different from "pub pyro" then you think!)

Your main job is, quite obviously, keeping an eye out for spies. This means spychecking, calling respawn times etc. You also, however, have to protect combo (Heavy Medic Demo) from any sort of threat such as bombing soldiers, ambushing scouts, cabering demos or any sort of über push (and spies ofc). This leads to your role being quite passive, and not assaulting the front lines. Instead, you are more of a support character. I'm not implying the pyro is ineffective in combat though, as reflected rockets deal 150 damage, and a übered pyro on upward is fucking scary (edges everywhere!). Pyro also requires quite a lot of training, as reflecting takes a while mastering (I'm not close to yet with 150+ hrs of pyro) and positioning/map knowledge is very important.

From what I've seen (and from my own experience) of sniper, in practice it's probably easier to learn (point and click, woo!) but I wouldn't really know. Also, pyros hate snipers, FYI.

Hope this helps. However, I'd suggest playing the game and trying to understand and have fun with all classes before choosing a main. 260 hours is not a lot at all in the competetive community.

I agree completely what the guy above me (Sasuke200) said about pyros, both the mastering part and the pubstomping part.

The amount of people choosing Sniper is why this game is turning into Call of Duty.

The amount of people choosing Sniper is why this game is turning into Call of Duty.

Have you played call of duty? Because tf2 is nothing like it in practically any sense, regardless of how many shitty pub snipers there are.

Also, ditto what the Joguzz said, in highlander pyro is essentially support for the combo, not really a fragging class. It's not uncommon to see the pyros on each team have the least kills for their respective teams (after med of course).

Have you played call of duty? Because tf2 is nothing like it in practically any sense, regardless of how many shitty pub snipers there are.

Also, ditto what the Joguzz said, in highlander pyro is essentially support for the combo, not really a fragging class. It's not uncommon to see the pyros on each team have the least kills for their respective teams (after med of course).

6 year veteran of Call of Duty, i was even one of the omg quackscoopz of mw2 days before i decided to play as other classes and destroy the snipers

Play pyro, sniper is a fucking cancer class, and I have no idea why I wasted ~1700 hours on him alone.

Archived