Lotto Questions

BG Jerry235

I was thinking and theoreticaially, couldnt someone put in a ton of high value unusuals like team captains or coffin kits etc. in the pot, effectively giving them a 99.99% or so chance to win, regardless of the fact that it does not count effects, allowing them to possibly make super long win streaks in the pot with a slim to none chance of losing, and making tons of money off of other peoples stuff. I want to hear everyones opinion on that, as I thought it was somethat unfair. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

realize that you will only GET 95% of the pot.

so yeah,you think you think you will get your unusual back 100% ? No.

Don't like it? Don't play it.

There is always a chance they would lose, it's not a guarantee that they will win.

Furthermore, lotto charges 5% of the prize pool to prevent people from spamming expensive stuff and win all the time.

Life ain't fair, get over it.

But if it was 95% of pot one unusual could be say 30% of the pot, they skim some items but you wont get your unuals taken unless its a gigantic pot because unusual almost always gonna be bigger than 5%

Don't like it? Don't play it.

There is always a chance they would lose, it's not a guarantee that they will win.

Furthermore, lotto charges 5% of the prize pool to prevent people from spamming expensive stuff and win all the time.

Life ain't fair, get over it.

i dont even use the lotto but i was curious

If that's how people want to spend their money, let them be. Stop complaining, it's their money they're putting up at risk.

Dat misleading title tho

But if it was 95% of pot one unusual could be say 30% of the pot, they skim some items but you wont get your unuals taken unless its a gigantic pot because unusual almost always gonna be bigger than 5%

95% Items of the post not the value

IIRC there will be 2 - 3 items taken from the pot.

which is random

It's not 95% anymore they changed it to 97%

But yeah just don't worry about it and don't play it. Don't give it revenue

if you put in a high value items, you're risking like $1000 to win $100 for a 90% chance, not including the fees taken away by the website. If you lose once in 10 times playing, you go negative

Stop complaining about how people gamble. Some go big, some go small.

Stop complaining about how people gamble. Some go big, some go small.

your sig would've been a really appropriate answer to this question

Filling 99.9% of the pot would be a great way to lose money, especially on something like a $5 pot.

Filling 99.9% of the pot would be a great way to lose money, especially on something like a $5 pot.

although d0 did that [iirc] but he gain more than he lose [cmiiw]

you can't put in coffins or tcs because there aren't 20 on the steam market.

if there are ever 20 coffins on the steam market lmk, I'd like to buy them :P

Archived