What is your "creative process" for suggesting?

Fenrir

How do you decide what you are going to update?

I just go to the unusual page, pick any random hat that catches my eye, and see if anything needs updating. What about you guys? Do you price things youve had expirience with or something, how do you guys decide what youre going to price?

I wait for the craft hat price to change and make several free ez-pz blanket suggestions :^)

I personally have stuck with a few hats that I update every few months (C9 Ground Control, KaW Law, etc) so I always have something to do there

Otherwise, a lot of my unusual suggestions come from the front page classifieds, or through stalking random people's OP profiles. It's worked well for me, historically.

I don't force myself to do suggestions, though. It's volunteer work at the end of the day, and the best attitude towards suggesting is a relaxed, non "oh-my-god-i-need-to-do-this-and-this-and-this-and-pray-it-works" type thing. If I don't feel like doing 'em, I won't :P

if i find someone i really hate in steam,and find out he/she's got an unusual

i'll try as hard as possible to lower it

I just check the front-page classifieds and see if there's anything interesting to update. If I'm really in the mood for suggesting something, I go to the pricelist and look for something interesting to update.

buy the item -> sell the item for it's high end price -> buy another one -> make a price suggestion increasing its value

if i find someone i really hate in steam,and find out he/she's got an unusual

i'll try as hard as possible to lower it

Sometimes I do that. One guy threatened me for not trading my c9 gibus for his crappy inflated 3rd gen hat. I followed it up by "updating" his hat.

Other than that, I usually close my eyes and click on a random hat

My "creative-ness" is by choosing off a random high-tier unusual, then slowly going over the sales, checking for hats that are included in the sale which are outdated, and I just update them all.

If I sell something that is outdated or if I am browsing outpost and happy to see an easy sale I investigate some more and maybe a suggestion

I update the hats people offer me sometimes (because I'm doing the price research anyways), other times it's just random sales that I happen to see on outpost that I decide to put a little more work into.

How do you decide what you are going to update?

I just go to the unusual page, pick any random hat that catches my eye, and see if anything needs updating. What about you guys? Do you price things youve had expirience with or something, how do you guys decide what youre going to price?

I teach low ballers a lesson and lower their cancer hats

For normal stuff, I just look at their classifieds and try to find as much proof to lower/raise it. For unusuals, I just refresh the front page over and over again and hope that an outdated hat pops out.

I don't make suggestions ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nah but in all honesty, I lower stuff that I saw in other trades.

I.E., I wanna buy an Anger and that person selling the Anger is also selling a discounted {item}. I then see if {item} was an outlier seller, if not, it gets lowered.

Rising is different completely and I'm not explaining that.

Hmm, am i the only one that used to go through all the unusuals one by one in alphabetical order then? Tree is always the first one =P

Um, just saying, but that tool basically gives you free Premium as long as you're in that window.

What? No it doesn't, i've tried without premium, it doesn't work

What? No it doesn't, i've tried without premium, it doesn't work

Ah, nevermind, I was wrong. 

When I clicked the 'Find Owners' button, it led me to this 5309d373ec.jpgObviously it says 'Premium Required' to get the steam profile of the owner. I just assumed you could use it because it had the 'Find Owners' button.

• Administrators

I just look through the list and pick a random hat then look at histories for all the unpriced effects for it and do the ones with useable sales. If it leads me to minis for out-of-date hats I sometimes do suggests for those too if I find a decent number of sales. Not doin any while on vacation but I'll be baaaack.

For unusuals, I use the premium thing when I chose a random hat, preferably one that one of my friends sell or that I like.

For normal items, I just continuously and aimlessly search random items hoping to find one that needs to change.

Archived