Don't these chemistry sets need there own little micro market?

KingOfHeart

Just something to think about when the time comes to make a price suggestion for this.

Each Chemistry set has random required weapons and a random strange weapon.

This strange weapon can be super cheap(like a strange bat) or very expensive(strange Holy Mackrel)

No idea if every strange is included or not.

So for example, The Chemistry set that only needs a strange bat could sell for 5 keys(To get a strange hat would cost a total of 5 keys + 2.00 max for all the items required)..but the one with the Holy Mackerel might only sell for a few scrap.(To get a strange hat would cost a total of 5 keys + 2.00 max for all the items required)

If the Chemistry set itself falls below a few keys, there's certain sets that aren't worth to trade for.

So if you do put a price on it, this item will need a huge range.

That or you'll will need a separate price sheet just for this chem set.

I've seen botkillers and festives as part of the recipes, so I would assume any strange weapon is possible.

Merc's Pride Scarf Chem Set

Requires: 

• The Pure Tin Capotain x 2
  • Lord Cockswain's Pith Helmet x 2
  • Tyrantium Helmet x 2
  • The Fed-Fightin' Fedora x 2
  • Brigade Helm x 2
  • Furious Fukaamigasa x 2
  • The Milkman x 2
  • Magnificent Mongolian x 2
  • Bonk Leadwear x 2

That's an expensive set right there.

Just something to think about when the time comes to make a price suggestion for this.

Each Chemistry set has random required weapons and a random strange weapon.

This strange weapon can be super cheap(like a strange bat) or very expensive(strange Holy Mackrel)

So for example, The Chemistry set that only needs a strange bat could sell for 5 keys(To get a strange hat would cost a total of 5 keys + 2.00 max for all the items required)..but the one with the Holy Mackerel might only sell for a few scrap.(To get a strange hat would cost a total of 5 keys + 2.00 max for all the items required)

If the Chemistry set itself falls below a few keys, there's certain sets that aren't worth to trade for.

So if you do put a price on it, this item will need a huge range.

That or you'll will need a separate price sheet just for this chem set.

Requires: 

• Tyrantium Helmet x 2
  • Brigade Helm x 2
  • The Milkman x 2
  • Bonk Leadwear x 2

Is every strangifier for the same item really different? Also no strange weapon in the set ramses posted. Are these just your assumptions?

Edit: Hmm according to the wiki they have different ingredients. So the only way to price them is to subtract the prices of the required items. Or don't price it at all.

Requires: 

• Tyrantium Helmet x 2
  • Brigade Helm x 2
  • The Milkman x 2
  • Bonk Leadwear x 2
Looks like robo hats will finally have a purpose.

Is every strangifier for the same item really different? Also no strange weapon in the set ramses posted. Are these just your assumptions?

If you have got a Chem set, you can see what's needed.

I saw this same list on Outpost on two different trades.

Honestly, i don't think it will. 

The bonus it gives to any item will still be the same bonus, so the only difference will be what someone is willing to pay. 

The price of the item will be based on the bonus, and the crafting ingredients will only determine if someone is willing to pay that much. (i.e. expensive recipes will be like a crate--worthless and unwanted). Unless of course valve adds something to differentiate between cheap and expensive recipes, which i'd imagine they would do since no one in his right mind would use a recipe that costs 10 Ref when theres one that costs 1 Ref. 

Honestly, i don't think it will. 

The bonus it gives to any item will still be the same bonus, so the only difference will be what someone is willing to pay. 

The price of the item will be based on the bonus, and the crafting ingredients will only determine if someone is willing to pay that much. (i.e. expensive recipes will be like a crate--worthless and unwanted). Unless of course valve adds something to differentiate between cheap and expensive recipes, which i'd imagine they would do since no one in his right mind would use a recipe that costs 10 Ref when theres one that costs 1 Ref. 

I think it will.

Summer shades or merc's pride scarf strangifier will be worth a lot more than a dead cone or a toss proof towel one.

I think it will.

Summer shades or merc's pride scarf strangifier will be worth a lot more than a dead cone or a toss proof towel one.

of course, but a strange scarf won't be more because a 10 ref recipe was used.

of course, but a strange scarf won't be more because a 10 ref recipe was used.

Oops, I thought you were talking about the chemistry set itself.

On my phone,so deal with the double post.

Ultimately the best way to handle Chem sets is to NOT price them, but rather price the strange version of the item, and let people decide what what to pay based on the recipe.

On my phone,so deal with the double post.

Ultimately the best way to handle Chem sets is to NOT price them, but rather price the strange version of the item, and let people decide what what to pay based on the recipe.

The items themselves are not rare but we don't know how many of which set will drop and which will be used more.  Also, the set prices the strange it makes not the other way around.  The set is the one to be priced and later the item it effects based on how much people r bothered putting together all the parts.

Also, craft hats r about to go up a little.  A ton just got burned last night and many will buy the components on speculation

I buy scard and summer shades and hope for the hype^^

The end item is not as important since that is just 1 item and it is most likely the case that the one who wants it in strange version, has one.  Its the set and the components people need.

The items themselves are not rare but we don't know how many of which set will drop and which will be used more.  Also, the set prices the strange it makes not the other way around.  The set is the one to be priced and later the item it effects based on how much people r bothered putting together all the parts.

It really doesn't matter how you look at it. 

Bacon Grease, and Strange Pans are both worth the same, so it really wouldn't matter which one you used to figure out the price. 

It really doesn't matter how you look at it. 

Bacon Grease, and Strange Pans are both worth the same, so it really wouldn't matter which one you used to figure out the price. 

There wasn't strange vintages/genuines like with the camera beard and pride scarf. Also, the base items cost a lot more than frying pans do.

There wasn't strange vintages/genuines like with the camera beard and pride scarf.

Also, the base items cost a lot more than frying pans do.

Which is why you should just list the price of the strangified version, and NOT the chemistry set. Since the same chem set can be applied to both vintage/unique versions, and since not all chem sets have the same recipe, none will be worth the same, which is why the price should be based off of the product, and then let people decide how much to pay based on the bonus gained by the various chem sets. 

Ummm, not really, there more or less than same +/- a bit. 

Which is why you should just list the price of the strangified version, and NOT the chemistry set. Since the same chem set can be applied to both vintage/unique versions, and since not all chem sets have the same recipe, none will be worth the same, which is why the price should be based off of the product, and then let people decide how much to pay based on the bonus gained by the various chem sets. 

Ummm, not really, there more or less than same +/- a bit. 

The 2 processes are very different tho.  There will be a lot more speculation around these.  Component prices will change and completed versions are going to have different values based on that.  If components get very expensive the set may drop but the item may still be popular.  Variation in price will not be directly connected to output price.  Also, its a stringifier that is being made.  It will be more valuable than when it is applied.  People may want to apply it to item that is special for them.  If anything the set and the strangifier it makes are most directly linked.  Even then there is a disconnect.  Some become very difficult to make in the future.  We also don't know how long these will be in the drop system.  When they will be added to crates.  Etc

some people told me that you can "strangify" a misc or hat and it will count all of your kills for that class (I doubt it) but do you guys know?

Archived