A question about rape jokes

Puddkingkip's Selfie

they are funny AS JOKES, thats my opinion

"Help im being raped!"

"Thats what she said"

Shouldn't this be in Politiks subforum?

Girl mod on the forum and server I go on told a rape joke in their shoutbox

Another girl mod got offended and they got into an argument

Both were demoted after that. The girl mod that told the rape joke got really pissy

Everyone should take into account if a joke is over the line before telling it, rape being one

People get really upset about pretty much anything these days.

It's a joke, quit crying. If you don't like a joke, don't laugh. If people could just quit whining about every fucking thing ever the world would be much nicer

if you're going to make jokes about generally accepted offensive material, pick and choose your moments (audience too)

also wouldn't this be better in politics religion etc. :?

The 'it's a joke' tagline gets people out of a lot of shit they should rightfully be in. If you have to tell us it's a joke you probably shouldn't be making it.

I'm a newbie stand-up comedian, as I've mentioned several times as it's good for my ego, and the rule number one, emblazoned in gold letters at the top (not kidding) is no rape jokes. It's not that they're inherently bad, they're just very difficult to do tactfully so newbies should avoid.

tl;dr as long as you're not a dick about it you'll probably be alright, but, use your brain. Like, making one on Tumblr, biiig no-no unless you enjoy getting emasculated. 

I don't make them and I don't find them funny, but I'm not going to be calling people out if they make a rape joke.

That being said, if you've got any rape victims in the crowd, then you step the fuck down. The problem is you don't always know if you have any or not, which is one of the reasons I avoid rape jokes.

In general, it's best to avoid joking about something offensive in front of the people who probably will be offended. No matter how sick you think your joke is, they will just think you are just plain sick.

Context, know who you're talking to. When in doubt you probably shouldn't say it.

Though personally I can find just about any type of joke funny no matter how offensive it could be. It's meant to be a joke. That's just me.

I feel like with the proper audience, you can all get a good laugh out of it, and when you're around someone like a rape victim you'll get the same amount of laughter between your friends watching them get all upset and shit. There really isn't a wrong time to tell one unless you're scared of the consequences.

people will cry about anything these days, its all about emotions and feelings

if something is funny, then it is funny 

People are very PC nowadays, but if executed very well, and the audience is right, then yeah, I don't see why not.

As for Gent discussing Tumblr, it's not so much the joke as your existence as a human they will be "triggered" by.

Just be aware of who your audience is. Tbh, it really shouldnt be joked about. But if you want to, make sure you know your audience.

Comedians like tosh or kevin get away because everyone knows they are just kidding and are comedians. Even then, it is borderline for them.

In my opinion you should be able to joke about everything or nothing. You can't pick and choose.

Everyone will find something offensive after all.

My girlfriend was gang raped by a troupe of mime artists.

They performed unspeakable acts on her.

Was it that bad? I mean, there are different degrees of a rape joke, but most of them are harmless.

I just got raped, she gave me a blowjob

It totally sucked.

I would like to see some worse jokes, to see if there actually are any jokes that are just too mean.

My girlfriend was gang raped by a troupe of mime artists.

They performed unspeakable acts on her.

Was it that bad? I mean, there are different degrees of a rape joke, but most of them are harmless.

I just got raped, she gave me a blowjob

It totally sucked.

I would like to see some worse jokes, to see if there actually are any jokes that are just too mean.

Id be happy to provide some to you but im almost 99% sure that any of em will warrent a ban from here

Id be happy to provide some to you but im almost 99% sure that any of em will warrent a ban from here

You can send them in private message.

But don't worry, if you post them in a good way you should be fine.

Archived