Games you played and fell in love with

SirSkelly

Post pictures of the cover and a bit on why its great. Try to include ones that people haven't heard of.

Alright here's my list:

MLB_Power_Pros_2008_Coverart.png

Best Wii Game of all time. Story mode is amazing, equivalent to a Japanese dating sim. Art style is one of the best I have seenGreat team manager, and overall solid gameplay. At 3 dollars, you need this game.

Need_for_Speed_Carbon_Game_Cover.jpg

One of my first PC Games, I found the controls and story to be interesting. Also the car customization were pretty great, and I like cars.

2230804-simcity_2013_limited_edition_cov

I didn't understand the hate for this game, after they patched the online DRM. It seems the only messed up the launch. It is a good city builder, and I like it for that. Nothing too fancy, besides the pointless DLC, but its EA so... Personally I think it is as good, maybe better, then Cities: Skyline. Fite me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

625364-age_of_empires_1_.jpg

I absolutely love this game despite the odd pathfinding and dated appearance, one of my first PC games.

2734.jpg

Shouldn't need an explanation, one of the best RTS games I've ever played.

960874538-00.jpg

I can sink tens of hours into this game and always, always, always have a great time. 

I used to play multiplayer when I was younger, but I haven't since, SCII is a fantastic game as well.

Post pictures of the cover and a bit on why its great. Try to include ones that people haven't heard of.

Alright here's my list:

MLB_Power_Pros_2008_Coverart.png

Best Wii Game of all time. Story mode is amazing, equivalent to a Japanese dating sim. Art style is one of the best I have seenGreat team manager, and overall solid gameplay. At 3 dollars, you need this game.

Need_for_Speed_Carbon_Game_Cover.jpg

One of my first PC Games, I found the controls and story to be interesting. Also the car customization were pretty great, and I like cars.

2230804-simcity_2013_limited_edition_cov

I didn't understand the hate for this game, after they patched the online DRM. It seems the only messed up the launch. It is a good city builder, and I like it for that. Nothing too fancy, besides the pointless DLC, but its EA so... Personally I think it is as good, maybe better, then Cities: Skyline. Fite me.

NFS carbon is still worth a shit ton

Tf2

Fun fps game that even incorporates an economic system

May extend list

sounds neat, may check it out later. kinda sounds like a game called counter strike: global offense. 

sounds neat, may check it out later. kinda sounds like a game called counter strike: global offense.

Omg overwatch is kopycat!!111

1d0315cd0f.jpg

I liked the realism and the fact that it was coded all by one person. Plus I could make death traps.

246370db9b.jpg

My favorite Pokemon game for the good gameplay and the fact that it isn't overdone like it is nowadays.

40fc701f55.jpg

Addictive cause I had my own property and lifestyle to manage; as a kid that drives you to play the game forever. (plus some mouse chick wanted my dick)

246370db9b.jpg

My favorite Pokemon game for the good gameplay and the fact that it isn't overdone like it is nowadays.

250px-Platinum_EN_boxart.png            >      PokemonDiamondBox.jpg

250px-Pearl_EN_boxart.jpg

First DS game and holy hell was I in love with this title. This is a game where I've dedicated so much time into. My current save has 950+ hours(In game time). I've managed to catch 120+ shinies in this, raise at least 20 pokemon to level 100 and the weirdest thing is. I don't know how this game kept me playing it for so long without getting bored like the recent releases such as OR/AS or X/Y. I loved every character in this game. This had my favorite professor. My favorite pokemon as a starter(Empoleon). The battle tower was pretty cool & the fact that you could team up with past NPC's you've interacted with such as Riley. Team Galactic was by far one of my favorite enemies to go up against. Also had some of my favorite cities to be in because of their music & how they look. Truly a magnificent title.

Swtiefightercd.jpg

This was one of my go-to PC games when I was a kid (Others being Duke Nukem 3D, Civilization II, Starcraft, and the Lucasarts point-and-click games). I sunk hundreds of hours into this bad boy fighting for the glory of the Empire. It also helped that I had a full-on flight stick for the game, one where you had to put some weight into it, further adding to the experience.

Final_Fantasy_Legend_II_Coverart.png

Another defining game from my childhood. This particular game is what started my love for RPGs, the ability to get stronger and stronger really appealed to me back then (and still does). It also helped me appreciate video game music beyond little ditties. It was amazing to listen to the tunes that came from that little cartridge. Here's the boss fight music for example:

header.jpg?t=1331070718

Fite me I love this game, so many modes for whatever mood I'm in.

header.jpg?t=1251478178

This game has a sucky story mode, but the open-world gameplay and the crashing itself is fun AF.

Also I love how it glitches when I run into a train.

d1pwLRJ.jpg

Yes. this game. i love it like a bundle of kittens. If you don't read japanese, let me translate the title for you. It is "Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~ Heroes of Light and Shadow"

It is, in my opinion, the best Fire Emblem game, which, by process of elimination (FE being my favorite game series of all time) means that this is, without a doubt, my most favorite game of all time. 

Everything is right about this game. 

The story is excellent, the characters are engaging (and it has Marth in it <33333333), you have a creatable unit that actually fights, the difficulty is perfect (and if you want to make it obnoxiously hard, go right ahead), and the gameplay is superb. 

I am hard-pressed to find a bad thing to say about this game. I love it that much.

Archived