Opinion on the whole D0 - Wayne thing?

Puddkingkip's Selfie

Quoting my post from the original topic 

"Honestly shouldn't d0 and Wayne just be banned for a while? They both seem like they need a break from this game since they cause so much unnecessary drama in the community, just a personal opinion"

And just to add to this, they are some of the richest players in the game, and it doesn't matter if rules don't apply to what they/he/whoever did, it's greedy and it's a bad example of the tf2 community

I think is the best course of action.

I feel like I should expand. As far as I know, most and I stress most as there may be some forms of gambling I don't know of, gambling involves risk and its not some lottery pot like csgojackpot and sweets are. You have to have a certain amount of skill to do, be it raising the right fight animal (roosters, dogs, etc.) or knowing how to bluff or catch a bluff, its not straight up random. Honestly this is closer to bingo where the more cards you buy the better chance you have at winning. I've done my fair share of sniping (most of my wins are snipes, one I actually won on like a .2% chance, but was only a 60$ ppot)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both are in the wrong. Both played the system and now Wayne is trying to throw d0 under the bus to save himself. Both should face consequences but I don't think d0 should be marked

Both are in the wrong. Both played the system and now Wayne is trying to throw d0 under the bus to save himself. Both should face consequences but I don't think d0 should be marked

Doesn't he already have a caution tag? How many chances does one person need?

Really tho

Wayne thought of it

d0 agreed (he was definitely lying about the response to the earlier "question" if you can even call it that)

They both conspired

Thats all it is

Although, Wayne did think of it first.

Thus, he should be punished more

But, on top of that, he has a history of being a hairy asshole, so that even proves his punishment should be worse

I may be on the bias side a little bit, just because I feel like Wayne sharks so much, which is why he probably got so rich, and he pulled a dick move by throwing d0 under the bus to save his deceiving ass.

All I saw was them sniping jackpots together, is there something I'm missing? I don't see how this should be against any rules. It's greedy (and maybe in your opinion immoral) but does it actually violate a rule? They're using their wealth to create more wealth. Is that not fair?

http://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/2015-04-24_2013_001-png.249541/

d0:

"i never

agreed to a team with you

i just trolled you, I told that to all big bettors rofl"

Yiiiiikes.

I wouldn't exactly say that was honest, forthright behavior.

Purposely leading someone along like that when hundreds of dollars' worth of virtual items are at stake is kind of sh***y, and he certainly appears to have done it knowingly.

"Ha ha I never actually SAID that, I just let you think it!" Who wants to deal with a person like that? :/

Not going to say he should be banned, because my opinion there doesn't matter, but I think he made clear what sort of person he is, and it's not the sort of person I'd cry over if he DID get banned. :P

All I saw was them sniping jackpots together, is there something I'm missing? I don't see how this should be against any rules. It's greedy (and maybe in your opinion immoral) but does it actually violate a rule? They're using their wealth to create more wealth. Is that not fair?

That part looks completely legit to me as well. It's the whole point of it--put in stuff to win stuff, and put in more stuff to have a lower chance of losing. One person doing it or two makes no difference that I can see; it seems to provoke a bit of a knee-jerk reaction from those with less resources, but meh.

The part that doesn't look legit is one of them thinking they were teaming up, and the other letting him think that, while having no intention of honoring the "agreement".

So I'm not quite sure what happened as i've not been very active in tf2 recently, but i'm going to assume it has to do with the new gambling systems / sites that are based upon the $ amount donated equals a certain percent of a chance to win? 

First off OFC someone or a group of people are going to fix this. I mean the entire TF2 community is focused only on profit. It doesn't matter how they get it they just want it. 

You cannot have a "fair" betting system unless you have a percent cap on your winning chances but even then I can already think of ways to exploit this system to hell will alts. 

IMO they did nothing bannable. They simply figured out how the system worked and made it work for them. This was inevitable reguardless as anyone with a brain could figure out what they did and do it themselves.

EDIT: Lmfao. Just read up on the reports. They were "smart" enough to figure the above out but so stupid in that one screwed the other one and now they're trying to throw each other under a bus. Still, nither one did anything wrong or bannable.

d0 said he was "trolling"???

WTF? Thats not a fucking excuse.

So, I can just say and do whatever I can want

but try to justify it by saying I was trolling?

They're both fucktards

-snip-

Talked to d0 for a bit, he declined the teaming part but that was expected. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did. The only "argument" being made is that it was immoral. I-m-m-o-r-a-l. Did nobody stop to think how fucking stupid that was? You're trying to base a report to get someone banned off of your opinion? He tried to snipe jackpots with other rich traders with should never be an offense. Has no one ever heard money makes money? What he did was completely in the right whether he conspired to team up with people or not. If bp/sr/fog start banning on opinions all they'll do is make themselves less reputable.

They purposefully tried to team up and decrease the chance for others to win by a lot.

That is scamming. Worse that they teamed up to try and scam.

No need to get mad and swear, xlte.

Talked to d0 for a bit, he declined the teaming part but that was expected. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he did. The only "argument" being made is that it was immoral. I-m-m-o-r-a-l. Did nobody stop to think how fucking stupid that was? You're trying to base a report to get someone banned off of your opinion? He tried to snipe jackpots with other rich traders with should never be an offense. Has no one ever heard money makes money? What he did was completely in the right whether he conspired to team up with people or not. If bp/sr/fog start banning on opinions all they'll do is make themselves less reputable.

ye, money and influence make money, but when you get caught insider trading u go to jail.

Time to send these two off to a nice quiet low security prison somewhere in Appalachia for about a decade.

They purposefully tried to team up and decrease the chance for others to win by a lot.

That is scamming. Worse that they teamed up to try and scam.

No need to get mad and swear, xlte.

T-that's not s-scamming, s-senpai~

Seriously. What part of that equates to scamming? That's how lotteries work. You buy more tickets, you have a bigger chance to win. When you put in a single ref and someone puts in a $3000 unusual, you go in knowing what chance of winning you have. There is no reason risking more value for a higher chance of winning should be illegal. It's legal in real life, no one complains about pot-snipers in CS:GO, why TF2? Your argument has no basis. You don't like something, so it's scamming?

u deserve challenjour, gg

ye, money and influence make money, but when you get caught insider trading u go to jail.

Time to send these two off to a nice quiet low security prison somewhere in Appalachia for about a decade.

THIIIIIS

danke bae

Imo they should be permed just for both of their history's, but then again the world is full of selfish pricks banning them wont change anything.

Don't know why everyone's so upset.  They simply exploited the mechanics of sweetstakes which are practically begging for this sort of thing to happen.  I would say "Don't hate the player, hate the game", the game in this case being sweetstakes.  

Totally called it. Whining started and pitchforks were made. As for taking sides, I can't really take either here. Yea, Mr ProfitIsEverything Wayne is complaining about losing profit...but he is practically sending a message that people needed to see, so i give him some credit.

Side note: No one should blame Geel for anything. The site is a good idea and will help him pay for sites/competitive tournament prizes. Its the users that are killing it.

d0's got his luck cut out for him, I expect a mark for him this time.

Wayne's gonna get watched more heavily if this goes through though, cause he was in on the fucking thing.

The sad part is that Geel is going to get away scott-free from this.

"Oh no, me and someone else were exploiting systems for our own gain that caused great loss for others, and get caught! Better throw my accomplice under the bus!"

Archived