Youtube

TheVenomWithin

Heyo guys, Figured i'd make this a thread instead of a status. If you want to move this to GB, feel free to do so @Mods.

I'm thinking about starting up a youtube channel, Unfortunately the url id "thevenomwithin" has already been taken, however I already have a id set up as "tehvenomwithin", close enough. Anywho, I just wanted some suggestions on what I should do. I'm not the best editor or commentator but i'd like to bring something unique to the table. I don't want to be like thousands of those other users whom merely just make the same videos. Got any suggestions for me on what I should make my content on? Post em down below.

Thanks boys,

-V

let's organize a non-competitive highlander :^)

you'd get a lot of good material out of that

I actually had half a team pre made for that, kind of gave up on it though as I got busier. What do you propose?

i would recommend your channel is about trading and trading like how to prevent getting scammed,not scrap to unusuals and maybe a little gameplay

i would recommend your channel is about trading and trading like how to prevent getting scammed,not scrap to unusuals and maybe a little gameplay

There are about a dozen trading channels having such a channel is a waste of time unless you're already popular in the trading community. Scam prevention can be read up in less than 5 mins and you dont need a video (eg http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/27624-guide-phishing-and-scamming-techniques/) solely focusing on the trading not only limits your content but also your target audience since there are barely any traders compared to the general player base and even less who would watch a video on trading.

There are about a dozen trading channels having such a channel is a waste of time unless you're already popular in the trading community. Scam prevention can be read up in less than 5 mins and you dont need a video (eg http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/27624-guide-phishing-and-scamming-techniques/) solely focusing on the trading not only limits your content but also your target audience since there are barely any traders compared to the general player base and even less who would watch a video on trading.

That's a good point. So mainly stick to the game then?

That's a good point. So mainly stick to the game then?

I'd say, do both. As someone who needs subscribers you need to do many things to get them. Do more prevention videos on trading, yes i know that there are guides. But retards without common sense would rather look at a video than read a guide.

I actually had half a team pre made for that, kind of gave up on it though as I got busier. What do you propose?

We could set up a roster right here like so. People could sign up and you could get guy to spectate and record.

RED

Scout - 

Solly -

Pyro -

Demo -

Heavy -

Engie - 

Medic -

Sniper -

Spy -

BLU

Scout - 

Solly -

Pyro -

Demo -

Heavy -

Engie - 

Medic -

Sniper -

Spy -

(if you decide to do this I'd like to reserve either solly, demo, or med)

-snip

Good suggestion! I was also thinking perhaps we could do that with regular forumers here, Get rolling and such on a non comp team.

Good suggestion! I was also thinking perhaps we could do that with regular forumers here, Get rolling and such on a non comp team.

If you plan on doing that, can I be one of the spies? I want to have some fun and get some practice on trickstabs and such.

If you plan on doing that, can I be one of the spies? I want to have some fun and get some practice on trickstabs and such.

Toby suggested that we might be able to just do a drop in, have one of the forumers here make a server and set it for 9v9, only one class being useable at once.

create a no scrim esea open/ ugc iron/steel team 6s or hl, idc. lets see how far up the ladder we can go with no scrims. :P

• Administrators

Can only speak for myself and idk what you are like/what you play a lot seeing as I'm new, but the gaming channels I tend to enjoy are those with the most entertaining hosts. The content itself almost secondary to the commentary, especially with so many gaming youtubers out there now. I'll watch let's plays of games I don't give a shit about and have no intention of ever playing if they're by people whose personalities I find fun or interesting. So I guess I'd say work on commentary that is interesting, informative and amusing, and collabs with people who you gel with and have a good time with are gonna be more fun to watch.

Sharking tips

Really though, Try to only play csgo and tf2 to get more people interested as nobody gives a shit about other games (except Minecraft let's plays, everyone loves those)

FTFY

Archived