Weird phishing scam for CS:GO

fluffyy

Some guy on my list added me about a month ago and has been bugging me to play with him every day, he is MG2 and he always has this LEM in his party.

One day, I decide to join and keep in mind I'm Silver Elite. He says we need to win (lol) and communicate and asks me to install some audio chatting service called talk-one and I've never heard of it before.

An odd phish due to the amount of patience these Russians have...

Also:

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/talk-one.net (note the obviously fake info)

they also have a convincing site but none of the links at the bottom work

watch out broz

It sounds like the fake Mumble phish used to target competitive TF2 players.

yeah but arent those usually done on the spot? i actually had quite a few conversations with this guy and i might have fallen for it if it wasnt for the shady ass site

yeah but arent those usually done on the spot? 

Usually yeah, but I will give the Russians credit for that level of patience with a phish.

Assuming they were Russian anyway.

It's pretty much the exact same thing that's been going on for years. This just has a trust element come into play. Probably because you have good items.

Same old, same old.

Well your fireball, your rich so phising you in 1 month is like 7 months phising players who have like a 5 dollar bp.

It all depends, something more automated(or automated) would be able to clear that amount faster than you think.

Yeah, I had a few players adding me stating they wanted to play with me. But I was only GN2 while the user was MGE. Some even said they were willing to pay me a few keys if I played with them, but had shitty skins in his bp. Very suspicious lol

Site is United Kingdom uk.png based , but most likely from Russian Federationru.png

where else

Wait, is that the actual phishing link? I'm afraid to click it.

no its a site that gives you info about the phishing link site

Archived