Item levels

DeadpanYoshi

Hey guys, I just have a general quick question. I have demo pants which are level 92, does that make them worth a little bit more?

Wow, read that wrong. No, item levels don't do a single thing. You may get more for item Lvl. 100, 69, 42 (possibly). I'm assuming the most valuable are Lvl. 666 and Lvl. 420 from MvM tours, but that's just IF someone had the time, cash, and luck to one on those specific tours.

I think I know a few collectors who wanted vintages that didn't have normal item levels (Anything not a multiple of 5). 

Well MvM lvls (100+) and lvl 100, 69 and 42

Some collectors may pay more(as alrdy mentioned above)

But 99% of all ppl give 0 fks

I have sold a few items at Level 100 for a few ref above the usual, but any other levels aren't that "special".

unless off course you find a guy born in 1992, collecting stuff that is level 92, then you might get a little bit more.

I did know for level #100 but didn't for other levels.

What's so special about the levels #69 and #42 ?

42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, established in the sci-fi literary classic "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

69 is a sexual position where both people perform oral sex on their partners at the same time.

Thank you Scott for the info.

I am surprised that some people can possibly plan and collect such levels, it sounds to me like a real big waste of time and money :D

42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything, established in the sci-fi literary classic "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Wrong.  42 is NOT the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  42 is the answer to the ultimate question.  Nobody knows what the actual question is.  That's the joke.  You can usually tell if someone never actually read the books by what they say about 42.  Usually it's more obvious though, because they'll just say "42 is the meaning of life", which pretty much conclusively demonstrates that not only do they not understand the joke, but that they haven't even read any of the books.

Wrong.  42 is NOT the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  42 is the answer to the ultimate question.  Nobody knows what the actual question is.  That's the joke.  You can usually tell if someone never actually read the books by what they say about 42.  Usually it's more obvious though, because they'll just say "42 is the meaning of life", which pretty much conclusively demonstrates that not only do they not understand the joke, but that they haven't even read any of the books.

"What is the answer to it all? You know, life, the Universe, everything!" is what the scientists originally asked Deep Thought. Also, Arthur Dent did figure out the ultimate question while he was playing with his Scrabble pieces while trapped on prehistoric Earth (What do you get if you multiply six by nine?) whereupon he dismissed it as being ridiculous.

Archived