Using 1 mouse across multiple computers

AwesomeMcCoolName

So, i found a program (Synergy) which allows you to use a single mouse/keyboard across multiple computers on the same network, but i can't seem to get it to work. (It keeps timing out)

Anyone know of any better/more reliable programs? 

Because its very convenient if you have multiple computers.

Buy two mouses. Or give me a pc that doesn't run on vista so you only need 1 pc, thus 1 mouse. My pc won't load w7 or Linux, or ubuntu or anything. Win xp won't let me run Steam. So please give this poorfag a better pc or just buy two mice? (what's the plural of mouse for pc?)

Buy two mouses. Or give me a pc that doesn't run on vista so you only need 1 pc, thus 1 mouse. My pc won't load w7 or Linux, or ubuntu or anything. Win xp won't let me run Steam. So please give this poorfag a better pc or just buy two mice? (what's the plural of mouse for pc?)

The other ones a laptop, and i don't mind using its trackpad, but it would just be more convenient if i could just use the same mouse i was using on my gaming computer. Also, 2 mice is beyond a shit idea; having 2 mice is just confusing, expensive and takes up a fuck load of room. Trackpad>shit mouse in every way.  

• 2 weeks later...

i know there is an app for mac which lets you do it. 'teleport.' i think it's called. install on both machines and off you go. Not sure about pc stuff to be fair.

Archived