I am new to backpack.tf and I have made a terrible price suggestion, and I would like to know what to do now.

bugattiben48

Hello anyone who bothers to read this,

I have recently made a terrible price suggestion on keys. I am terribly sorry about as it appears to be a big deal. I already closed the suggestion to comments, but how do I close the actual suggestion? This is stressing me out considering I like using backpack.tf for looking up price suggestions. I really wish not to get banned as this was an honest mistake.

bugattiben48

http://backpack.tf/help/suggestions

Read all of them including the links below if you're really wanting to suggest again.

Or just try voting other people's suggestion to see who did right and who did wrong.

It's not really a real deal by the way, the people who commented on your suggestion is acting too exaggerated. Moderators can easily shut down a suggestion by clicking the close button.

As currency suggestions require a large abundance of proof and are rather controversial in and of themselves, they typically make very, very poor first choices for suggestions.

In any case, proof is the biggest factor. When changing a price, you need to prove that not only is it selling at the new price regularly, but that it is not selling at the old price. Read the accepted price suggestions for an idea of what you should be presenting.

If you're looking to start suggesting, start with stuff you're familiar with. For instance, if you trade lots of stranges, start with those before working your way up to the bigger stuff, as you'd be more market savvy with items you regularly buy and sell.

I feel you, man. I have two crappy suggestions on my profile and I'v looked in everywhere to get them removed. Can't do it. Wait a while and once people see it"s like 8 months old they won't judge you for it. If you want everyone to forget about it, make more suggestions. The flawless suggestions are ones that raise the price over one buyer on OP

:)

Remember to find solds and sellers if possible. If something's unsold at market price for a while then it likely needs a drop, if it sells very quickly at market price then it likely needs a raise.

Starting out with a currency suggestion is definitely not the greatest choice, simply cause of the proof amount needed is 10 times the regular.

I would suggest to attempt something easier, maybe Genuine or Vintage items since they often got buyers above bp.tf price, making them an easy item to raise.

Also, these links would possibly help you out, like some have just posted.
http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/792-how-to-make-a-good-suggestion/
http://backpack.tf/rules

Archived