Whats the point of Backpack.tf if it's not even close to accurate?

FourKings

I wonder why after the far of earbuds why we even look to bp for prices. None of them are correct even confirmed by their moderators. So what is the point of a pricing site with no accurate prices...well nothing except to turn it into a service for finding items and histories which it does well. The pricing requirments need to be revamped. It is entirely to hard to come up with multiple sales when you cant search outpost for sold trades. who wants to track every trade ever? not me. BP is good for some things but pricing is not one of them 

backpack.tf is a pricing guide, not a pricing site.

If it was a pricing site then Brad would have control over a micro-economy worth millions of dollars.

Please stop making multiple threads on the incompetency of backpack.tf. If you don't like it, don't use it.

When did a mod say that we have no accurate prices? Most items that aren't unusual are fairly well priced (I'd guess ~80%). Unusual are probably really bad right now, but I think in a few months things will start to get better.

oh boy here we go

if you're complaining so much why did you decide to give money to the site? you're making it seem like bp.tf is a bad thing

Most of the prices are fairly accurate at the time of suggestion. At the time of suggestion is the key here. :P Not 2 years after the suggestion has been accepted.

As many people have already said Backpack.tf is a guide and not a site, not every currently listed price is going to be one-hundred percent accurate and to expect that is ridiculous.

If you really feel that the prices are so inaccurate I recommend you make some suggestions yourself to help keep things accurate.

Really thought this was a gb post but i forgot. But really. Backpack.tf even says its more of a suggested prices for items. doesn't make it totally 100% true. some items sell faster then others and for more then others. but just because some people go by backpack.tf doesn't mean you have to. but that doesn't mean you should go on saying BIBLE.TF IS CRAP because alot of people do use it.

backpack.tf is a pricing guide, not a pricing site.

If it was a pricing site then Brad would have control over a micro-economy worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

More like millions of dollars. 

Even if you claim it's not accurate, you have to admit it's better than nothing right? Like seriously, what other alternatives are there that you can name?

Sorry, but this seems a bit hypocritical coming from someone with 2 unaccepted suggestions. Do more accurate suggestions before you complain about the inaccuracy

Please stop making multiple threads on the incompetency of backpack.tf. If you don't like it, don't use it.

When did a mod say that we have no accurate prices? Most items that aren't unusual are fairly well priced (I'd guess ~80%). Unusual are probably really bad right now, but I think in a few months things will start to get better.

He makes posts all the time.

He is butthurt because he doesn't know how to make an accurate suggestion.

He makes posts all the time.

He is butthurt because he doesn't know how to make an accurate suggestion.

Please don't insult other people as it starts flame wars.

i agree on what you're saying though.

Please don't insult other people as it starts flame wars.

i agree on what you're saying though.

I didn't mean it as an insult, I wasn't attacking him. Just saying he is spamming these posts, and I believe the reason to be he hasn't figured out how to correctly suggest on bp.tf

@OP

bp.tf is the best at what it does. It will remain so, for a long time. It is not perfect. Neither is TF2 itself.

Let me fill you in on a little secret about life.

Whining about how how things aren't perfect, doesn't make them better.

You can try and contribute to the betterment of bp.tf, or continue to bring it down.

Solution, or problem. Which do you wish to be?

Archived