The end of rising keys?

Not Applicable

Keys have hit 20 ref. I decided to take a look at classifieds, and was amazed to see not one seller above the current bp.tf price. In fact, there were even sellers at 19. So, could this mean the end of rising keys? Imo this is where they'll stay for a long time, but I'd love to hear your opinions.

Yeah, I believe its getting ready to pop.

Scrap.tf has keys in stock for the first time in a while, classifieds are going lower, the .09 cent ref sellers are gone.

I still don't get this economy but hey, gotta love it also.

Things don't just stop because they reach nice round numbers. That's not how economies work. Buds aren't still 10 keys, Bill's aren't 5 keys. Keys won't top rising until a good refined sink comes into play.

keys will keep rising/ref will keep falling until the tf2 economy and tf2 itself are entirely rip

Since Valve isn't intervening to save the economy in any way, there's no going back.

I honestly wouldn't care. I got my ref out of my backpack as soon as I could, and I plan to keep it that way. No sense risking it. Would be nice to keep it at 20 because let's face it, 20 is a fantastic number.

Things don't just stop because they reach nice round numbers. That's not how economies work. Buds aren't still 10 keys, Bill's aren't 5 keys. Keys won't top rising until a good refined sink comes into play.

Even, easy-to-use values are going to have more inertia than irregular ones. 20 ref is a lot easier to work with than 20.22 when it comes to adding it to trades, calculating values of things on the SCM, having scrap/reclaimed metal on hand, etc. I love 20 ref as a price, because it makes a lot easier to determine whether it's better to sell items on the market or for refined.

That by no means means that that will be the point at which ref stops going down, but it's more likely to be a round, convenient number than it is any other random number.

To a large extent, I think you're correct, but I also think you may be too quick to disregard the role that human psychology could have in affecting market trends.

Archived