Bad Steam Connection

vinegar

Here's the problem:

My internet is fine. Downloads work fine, webpages load quickly (obviously, as I'm posting this), videos load, etc. However, apparently Steam (Cloud) isn't.

When I load up TF2 (since that's what I was planning on playing for the past 2 hours), it takes at least 5 minutes before it opens. When it does, the servers are all >1000 ping, and then with another refresh, none are there at all (No Internet are available...). Not only are the game servers bad, the item servers don't work either. They show up, not like the loadout is hidden, but I can't change items. I thought it was just TF2 and decided to check if Steam would load any game, so I loaded up Skyrim, but... http://imgur.com/KVDq02M. This now happens with TF2 aswell, and all other games I have downloaded. As I said, internet is working fine.

So, if you know of a way to fix this, I'd be very appreciative. Seems to be a problem with Steam Cloud, but I'm not entirely sure of what I'd Google for, as, as far as I know, Steam Cloud relies on my internet, which is fine. Could do with some help if you can give me it!

Do you have home sharing on steam?  That could be causing an issue with a constant data flow to try and keep everything up to date.  I don't know, I'm just throwing things out there.

You could delete tf2 and re-download it or you can delete steam and/or tf2 and re-download both

Don't have home sharing, and as for redownloading, my internet may not be that bad, but considering TF2 took 2 hours to update last time I did, I'd rather not use up the internet I do have.

Most people I've talked to have said blame it on GTA V and move on.

oh god don't try to reinstall tf2.

If you're on a router, try bypassing it by plugging an ethernet cable directly from your PC to your modem and see if that does it.

I doubt it, though. I used to have this problem all the time with Cox and ultimately I moved and switched ISPs(for other reasons!) and that "fixed" it. You could try giving Steam support an email but good luck getting a message back that isn't an auto-reply saying we're sorry, sometimes things happen, thanks for giving us your money, this is the best service you're going to get from us in return."

lol two months. Go find an ethernet cable and plug it in to your modem to test if it's some dumb router setting ffs

Archived