Profiting off MvM

Jacobmeister

Hello - so I play MvM quite a lot, mostly Two Cities. I understand that profiting off of it isn't really a thing unless you get a mega rare drop, but is it worth sticking to Two Cities for the KS stuff, or is it better to do one of the others to get the now-rising botkiller weapons?

Both are really hard to sell from my experience (except on SCM, that sells anything <1 week)

However, I'd prefer to go with the Botkillers because they have set prices people are less likely to highball on

If you can do expert, i have 1 more mission to do (decoy)

If i wasn't so cheap i'd have done more tours overall :/

Edit: We can build a group first before we do a search though...

If you can do expert, i have 1 more mission to do (decoy)

If i wasn't so cheap i'd have done more tours overall :/

The only problem with Expert is you either have to have a group of friends willing to stay or really get lucky, as you'll get a bunch of newbies that think Expert is easy rolling since you have to pay one less ticket and make mistakes that most Two Cities people know to avoid already.

I don't really think playing 2-cities can make profit. I finished 15 tours and zero aussie, 3 pro fabricator (2 rubbish fab and 1 flare gun). I am thinking other mission may be better than 2-cities. Most of the killstreak dropped are literally rubbish or even worse than the botkiller.

Btw, will operation mecha engine drop aussie?

got an aussie on my 5th tour

Aussie smg, qs for 10 keys

20 mvm tickets ~ 10 keys

4 tickets each two cities

= no loss except free parts and shiz

Unless you get australiums (and generally GOOD australiums like the Medigun or the Rocket Launcher) it's not really profitable at all to play MvM in any difficulty. It was possible to get back your tickets worth when 2Cities just started, but as it is now that won't happen. It's also possible if you get REALLY lucky with professional kit drops, but like the australiums you will need to get high tier weapons. Even then, most of the high tier weapons are available in crates.

It's a gamble. You will have people telling you left and right that they made back their tours now but they are either a ) a 10-50 tour guy who got extremely lucky with an aussie drop or b ) someone with 200+ tours who is most likely lying for who know's why. As someone nearing her 190th tour, I can tell you that once you get above 50 tours it all averages out and you won't make any profit. You'll average maybe 2~ tickets per 2Cities tour, if you are lucky. 

Even botkillers aren't pay off even for 1 ticket.

And since ks market is less profitable than it used to be - anything but non-affected by crates fabs sometimes doesn't really worth it. Yes, someone still profit from making dem kits, but i've said my word. (inb4 who r u)

MvM isn't profitable anymore for any of the tours.  2 Cities was profitable when the market wasn't completely flooded by all kinds of killstreaks and prior to kits dropping in crates.  You will of course still profit from nice kits and aussies, but those drops are few and far between. 

Two cities was actually really profitable before valve decided to release killstreak kits in crates. I remember selling a pro. scattergun kit for 35 keys pure back in the day (december 2013 ish), and spec / regular kits were worth a lot as simple crafting ingredients. 

Now it's very rarely profitable. Most pro fabs that drop aren't normally worth more than a dollar or two, and the price for standard killstreak kits has gone down the toilet.

Mecha engine is better cause it only uses 3 tickets per tour and most of the standard loot is worth around $1. Plus, you have a chance at getting a gold botkiller worth between $4 and $8 on top of the chance of getting an aussie (two of my friends got aussies in their first two tours of mecha)

I mostly play mvm because it's fun, and is a better way to gamble than unboxing imo (58 tours on two cities, 8 on mecha btw), it's definitely not consistently profitable though.

Archived