Nexus 4 or iPhone 4?

ivor

Nexus 4 or iPhone 4?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

neither.

Both are becoming outdated very quickly. The next Nexus is due out end of Q4, and the iShit 5c is about to be released. What this means is that both the phones you listed will be even more out of date and cheap as hell.

Also, as a previous owner and current problem solver for my wife's 4. You wont have the true iOS 7 on the 4. Essentially itll be a dumbed down version of iOS 7. 

neither.

Both are becoming outdated very quickly. The next Nexus is due out end of Q4, and the iShit 5c is about to be released. What this means is that both the phones you listed will be even more out of date and cheap as hell.

the iphone isn't shit, it's actually pretty good. And for listening to music, uts far superior to android.

And I'm clearly not an iphone fanboy.

The iphone was actually quite good when Jobs was in power. Now that Cook is in charge he's running Apple into the ground. iOS Maps $300M flop? COLORED iphones? 

Also, vanilla android vs TouchWiz/Sense blahblah is far better than the iphone 4 sound.

Dammit people, I came here expecting educated opinions...

neither.

Both are becoming outdated very quickly. 

Not on the same scale, though.  The Nexus 4 came out less than a year ago, and the iPhone 4 came out well over 3 years ago.  3 years.  That's outdated to hell.  And they cost the same, wtf.

What this means is that both the phones you listed will be even more out of date and cheap as hell.

They both cost $300 retail where I live (Canada), so that's why I'm asking.  Somehow, despite the iPhone being waaay older, it's the same price.

galaxy s4

$400 more expensive, and only very slightly better.

the iphone isn't shit, it's actually pretty good. And for listening to music, uts far superior to android.

Nexus 4 vs. SGS 4:

-2GB ram vs. 2GB ram (same)

-Adreno 320 vs. PowerVR 544MP3 (almost same)

-1.5gHz 4-core vs. 1.6gHz 4-core (s4 is slightly better)

-8MP rear and 2MP front camera vs. 13MP rear and 1.3MP front camera (pretty much the same)

-$300 vs. $700

by looking at this, you've shown you've made up your mind already.

when you compare the nexus to everything and not them both. and that you laugh at awesomes experience

Android Tablets>iPad

iPhone= easier to listen to music

Android = you can do more with it

I'd go with Android, but I wouldn't buy the Nexus

by looking at this, you've shown you've made up your mind already.

when you compare the nexus to everything and not them both. and that you laugh at awesomes experience

Yes, I've made up my mind that I'm not getting the S4.  That's not what this thread is about - it's about opinions on the N4 and iPhone 4.  And I do apologize for that - couldn't tell if Awesome was joking or not - if using an Android, you could probably get a music app that pretty much replicates the iOS one, but as someone who as used iOS devices in the past, I could agree that the music interface is pretty nice.

a more accurate comparison

SG4>Nexus 4

1080p 5" screen

microSD support

better replaceable battery

Upto 64GB internal storage (starts with 16GB - the Nexus' max)

LTE network

BTW 1.9GHz** quad core

I'm not saying it's a bad phone, just a bit overpriced.  

I'd go with Android, but I wouldn't buy the Nexus

Care to elaborate as to why?  Just curious.

I was being completely serious. Androids music player is shit in comparison. Plus iphones tend to age better (don't slow down as fast). Also, it's less of a pain to restore an iphone. Just plug it into itunes, restore, and then select and download all the apps at once to download.

Chigga might not like stock Android.

Galaxy S4 > Every other smart phone out right now

Really, the Galaxy S4 and the iphone 4 are on par in efficiency, however when given the chance to NOT support Apple, I'll do it in a heart beat.

Stock Android?  You could always use a rom, but I'm not too sure about how that works

I'd just get a Galaxy if I were you. I have a Nokia Lumia 700, but that was because I already have an iPod and an Asus Transformer so I thought fak dis gon buy a windows.

Vanilla Android is killer.

Cyanogenmod ROMS add a lot of nice features including a better music player.

iPhones were good back in the Android 1.x-2.2 because android fucking sucked. Now that Android has become a major mobile OS its stepped up its game with bringing improvements to the mobile market. 

Personally I will never own another iDevice as I enjoy having full control over my electronics and not being tied down to a single  close source OS. That being said, iPhones are good for the people that just want shit to work and dont care about having bleeding edge. As I want to push my electronics to the limit and use it for more than just a phone or a text machine I prefer Android OS.

Yes I know I can jailbreak the iPhone to have semi-control but still have to REDO the jailbreak every time Apple puts out a new f/w that fixes the original exploits.

Vanilla Android is killer.

Cyanogenmod ROMS add a lot of nice features including a better music player.

iPhones were good back in the Android 1.x-2.2 because android fucking sucked. Now that Android has become a major mobile OS its stepped up its game with bringing improvements to the mobile market. 

Personally I will never own another iDevice as I enjoy having full control over my electronics and not being tied down to a single  close source OS. That being said, iPhones are good for the people that just want shit to work and dont care about having bleeding edge. As I want to push my electronics to the limit and use it for more than just a phone or a text machine I prefer Android OS.

Yes I know I can jailbreak the iPhone to have semi-control but still have to REDO the jailbreak every time Apple puts out a new f/w that fixes the original exploits.

Any idea how to flash cyanogen on my razr maxx? I tried to do it, but i'm assuming i did something wrong since it didn't end up working. (Also, couldn't find any helpful videos either) 

Archived