[User Script] Compare Differences Between Inventory Snapshots and More

Julia

• Administrators

Probably because that one unusual was the only thing included in that one trade? That is the purpose of it, to help you isolate what was traded together and what was not.

Probably because that one unusual was the only thing included in that one trade? That is the purpose of it, to help you isolate what was traded together and what was not.

It's happened 99% of the time ._. . Am I just running into every single broker or something? XD

• Administrators

It's happened 99% of the time ._. . Am I just running into every single broker or something? XD

I don't really understand... can you post some examples or something?

I don't really understand... can you post some examples or something?

Wait. Does the Near ID show items that are also removed? If not then that's probably the problem I am having ._. If that's it I'm sorry for wasting your time.

• Administrators

Ok, so the near items thing will only show items that the seller received with the hat you click on. So in this case, it would only show the billycock. If you want to see what items are grouped with the hat that was sold, then what I do is check the before/after from the buyer's side. If you look at the buyer side in this case and double click on the handle, it should group the level three chin and vintage tyrant's helm with it.

Does that make sense?

Ok, so the near items thing will only show items that the seller received with the hat you click on. So in this case, it would only show the billycock. If you want to see what items are grouped with the hat that was sold, then what I do is check the before/after from the buyer's side. If you look at the buyer side in this case and double click on the handle, it should group the level three chin and vintage tyrant's helm with it.

Does that make sense?

Yeah, that makes plenty of sense. I'll try doing that :3

• 2 months later...

I updated it again. 

I removed the "Share Link" from the dialogue and now made it just automatically set in the URL I guess.

Maybe it'll save time for some people.

:3

CjTDSDu.png

• Administrators

Aw I kinda liked the share link there, cause I usually include the before/after and the compare link so that people who have the script can get the comparison easily and people who don't have it can click on the before or the after.

I can grab it from the url bar tho.

• 1 month later...

So what's going to happen to this script with Escrow being in place?  Some trades will take 3 days where the item is in neither of the 2 trade partner's backpacks.  Is there going to be a way to still have sales make sense after 3 day increments?  Are we going to only use sales with mobile authenticated people?  Will near ID still work?  If so, then will that be the main method of finding sales?

You have super smart epic programmer skillz Julia :P I know you'll find someway to make the script work even better despite Escrow.  Or maybe it will just work with Escrow without having to do anything?  I don't know at this point, that's why I'm asking you :P

• 1 month later...

Fixed. You can update the script as normally and it should be functioning again.

The moment it stopped working my heart stopped with it o.O cannot live without comparisons tool. Cannot live without a heartbeat

That was deep....I should be a poet

10/10 would compare again

• Like 3

• Administrators

Heads up: 

This script will likely break again in an upcoming patch as I'm updating how the inventory filters are calculated on page load to leverage frontend scripting a bit better. This is all to improve server response times when displaying inventories.

The Bootstrap grid that sets the layout on the filter panel will be removed and #filters will just contain a list of inputs that are positioned with flex. It will basically look similar to before, but it won't be limited to an explicit grid system.

There's been (and will continue to be) a lot of changes to the client JavaScript as I've been modernising the stack. I'm telling you this now so you can make changes ahead of time so your script won't break post-update. Should be a simple fix.

(Also I'm considering implementing the functionality of this userscript as a native feature at some point. Not sure when. Maybe I should expose some historic inventory APIs because I'm not a fan of comparison by html scraping a bunch of pages)

Edit: in hindsight, the filters panel shouldn't be holding anything that isn't filtering the inventory anyway. The inventory history list is a special case and I am considering moving it to a dropdown button on the history graph panel header. Perhaps you could also do the same to keep things consistent.

Heads up: 

This script will likely break again in an upcoming patch as I'm updating how the inventory filters are calculated on page load to leverage frontend scripting a bit better. This is all to improve server response times when displaying inventories.

The Bootstrap grid that sets the layout on the filter panel will be removed and #filters will just contain a list of inputs that are positioned with flex. It will basically look similar to before, but it won't be limited to an explicit grid system.

There's been (and will continue to be) a lot of changes to the client JavaScript as I've been modernising the stack. I'm telling you this now so you can make changes ahead of time so your script won't break post-update. Should be a simple fix.

(Also I'm considering implementing the functionality of this userscript as a native feature at some point. Not sure when. Maybe I should expose some historic inventory APIs because I'm not a fan of comparison by html scraping a bunch of pages)

Edit: in hindsight, the filters panel shouldn't be holding anything that isn't filtering the inventory anyway. The inventory history list is a special case and I am considering moving it to a dropdown button on the history graph panel header. Perhaps you could also do the same to keep things consistent.

Have found that with the most recent patch, the script stops all functionality of certain backpacks.

Example:

MZnhjWU.jpg

As you can see, the filter list is all but gone, the page separations for items itself has also disappeared and history (the part with item-value chart) is also gone.

After disabling the script, the viewer works again:

HBZVRaI.jpg

This issue has not appeared to be consistent. But generally random with backpacks I view.

This is just as an update to the situation of the script now.

• Administrators

It's going to break because it's referencing things that no longer exist. I don't plan to fuck with filters again for a while so unless the plan is to insert the element into #filters then it will break.

I did make that post a week ago and everything said about what will change still holds up and those changes were made. I don't intend to go out of my way to support third party extensions, no matter how popular they are, because a lot of users still aren't using them and I don't want to hold up patches based on extensions out of my control.

I'm still very keen on implementing the functionality of this userscript serverside at some point. Just not sure when.