Automatically accepting items. lost my stuffs.

ewF

So, was just trading 20 : 10 my time. few minutes later, randomly got pyrobotic pack. what's suspicious is that it says " you have traded for ". so i quickly checked my inventory. and all of my stuffs are gone, along with my c9 blackwatch ( gifted ). luckily enough, my 6 keys werent tradeable, yeah so at least there's something as remnant.

anyway, is this a new way of hijacking / stealing items? or this have been an old way? 

many thanks for replying.

post-17011-0-06653400-1427981721_thumb.png

post-17011-0-33634800-1427981723_thumb.png

well, ive just downloaded install_plugin_15x32_mssd_aih.exe,  to play up video, but just realized, it's maybe the cause.

well, ive just downloaded install_plugin_15x32_mssd_aih.exe,  to play up video, but just realized, it's maybe the cause.

Yup, that's it.

well, i'll rewrite my story :
was just trading at 20 : 10 my time. suddenly i got a pyrobotic pack, which i didnt even want. thought it was pure drop, but actually traded for my items.
and after that, i checked my bp, and all of my valuables have gone, so i checked up the trade offer, and i was a bit shocked that i just accepted an trade offer that i didnt even know it exist. so basically the offer is, all of my valuables for a pyrobotic pack, acccepted in instance by nobody.

hope it's clear enough. 

If you actually opened the file, then it's pretty clear what happened. Don't run .exe files from random pages. Scan your PC for viruses and contact Steam Support to recover your items.

Since when automatic steals all your inventory?

I am quite confused on how would bp.tf automatic able to handle non-pure sales?

I am quite confused on how would bp.tf automatic able to handle non-pure sales?

Automatic normally ignores non-pure offers if you're about that, unless you set up something like AcceptItems(or what is it)=true in settings file.

pretty sure he is saying about BP.TF automatic

I think he is talking about "trade offers automatically accepted without his knowledge" rather than bp.tf automatic

well, i clicked on ( DO NOT CLICK ) "removed" Beware Of New Scam In Team Fortress 2".As my laptop was actually have been reinstalled, it did convince me to download the plugin.

That is a fake installer, with malware. Next time you need to install a plugin, google for it and download it from the official website. For now, run malwarebytes and then contact steam support

I don't think you can close this yourself, only in the trading forums.

That is a fake installer, with malware. Next time you need to install a plugin, google for it and download it from the official website. For now, run malwarebytes and then contact steam support

I don't think you can close this yourself, only in the trading forums.

he cannot do that,since he deactivated the email function [did he? cause automatic]

Just realized I actually got the same link by a random phisher on my tf2outpost trade. "Oh cmon so r u just doing exact same crap that guy did? (blablabla scamming link here) :P" First I was like what the f... but didn't take long to realize it's just another phisher.

I first checked the user's steam profile and noticed he had no games at all, and level 0. Just for lulz I'll post a link for his "profile" http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198189356355

Quite sure this is just another bot made by a kid who can't even speak proper english.

Archived