Do you think this will happen?

Kombat Wombat

Convert prices of buds to keys? If so when? Me personally I don't think buds will die here they have dropped and raised in the past. I am also curious to as how it will work? Is it the time it was priced whatever buds were worth in keys? Seems most logical to me and it would solve the problem of those hats that won't be sold again to be able to be converted too. Let me know below what you think if it will happen, when and how.

Peace out,

Kombat Wombat.

I'll post it again, since guys keep asking stuff like this

"Selling burning TC right here for only 4440 keys! No unusuals or buds please! Trade offers only! Offer here or face a block!"

In short: Not really no.

"Selling burning TC right here for only 4440 keys! No unusuals or buds please! Trade offers only! Offer here or face a block!"

In short:

Not really no.

Yeah I can definitely see a problem with it but I can definitely see a problem with staying with buds too. Maybe high tier hats can be converted into USD?

use other promos such as HOUWARS and max heads?

We just need to base prices in keys but still have conversions into buds for higher end trading convenience.  It is how many hats work right now if their price was set with keys instead of buds. 

As AwesomeMcCoolName put it to me,

For the first two years of trading there was ONLY the in-game trade system which allowed for a user to ONLY put up 8 items. So the way things worked would be: 

Buy a key with ref, buy a bill with keys, buy a bud with two black/white bills, buy a max with 5 buds, and so on. So these larger denominations were created to make trading possible. Now that there is no real item limit, buds have been slowly losing buying power. 

Edit: iirc, the steam trading beta was released in September-ish 2011, and was beyond buggy and ran along side the normal TF2 in-game trade for over a year. 

I don't see an issue here. "4440 keys" would be the base price. The amount of buds/cash/etc would be just calculated at the current rate.

Plus, trading or storing 4440 keys it's not such a huge problem.

Plus, trading or storing 4440 keys it's not such a huge problem.

Only will take 2 - 2.5 alts with maxed bps to store them all!

For cash trades, better to use price of keys rather then price of buds, because.... we have enough examples.

Only will take 2 - 2.5 alts with maxed bps to store them all!

Yes, obviously. Nowadays you can get this done fairly cheaply. It's hassle though.

I'm pointing out the fact that merely stating the price in keys is not something "crazy". Afaik, Woifi bought one of his Scorching KEs for pure keys before.

Archived