EvilDEATH1234

Minimum Wage  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is minimum wage a good idea?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Other

^

With lower/no minimum wage, those who spent $0 on their education will be paid what they deserve (lower) and those who have college debts to pay will be making more, since the company now doesn't have to pay their cashiers as much. The government should encourage higher education, not flipping burgers.

The problem there though is that for millions of households, higher education is a complete financial impossibility. After all, if you're struggling to put food on the table, how can you afford the  $80,000 per person price tag of higher education?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem there though is that for millions of households, higher education is a complete financial impossibility. After all, if you're struggling to put food on the table, how can you afford the  $80,000 per person price tag of higher education?

I had to take out huge loans to pay for my engineering degree. I had nothing to start with, I worked part-time at an A&W's in order to put food on the table. I know I didn't make much, but I ALSO knew that what I was doing was something 

that required literally no skill at all and there were many other people (especially us students) who would've taken my job in a heartbeat. I've worked as a minimum wage worker for years. I've worked as an assistant mechanic (there were more 

experienced mechanics than me and hardly any jobs open). By the way, the difference in wages were minimal. Especially for the fact that A&W gave us free food and 50% discounts so that saved me a LOT of money. 

I don't want to bore you with my life story, but I essentially started with no money but I (and many millions of other students) took loans and ate instant noodles everyday to be able to get ourselves a degree. Especially with the time we live in today, 

it's probably the easiest time in history for people with no money to get an education like myself. Anyone can get themselves educated, with free or hugely discounted programs for students, community colleges, and much much more. 

So now when people don't get themselves educated, the issue and reason is more of a choice of commitment rather than they just couldn't afford to. 

Told you.

Maybe he's too busy enjoying his higher average wage [compared to Americans] to notice lmao.

Actually, he doesn't work, he's in university. Also, to paraphrase him:

"Basically, the way Switzerland's financial industry functions is that everyone thinks we're very rich so we become very rich and suddenly everyone wants to give us their money."

Actually, he doesn't work, he's in university. Also, to paraphrase him:

"Basically, the way Switzerland's financial industry functions is that everyone thinks we're very rich so we become very rich and suddenly everyone wants to give us their money."

Well part of it is true, but that's only because Switzerland is known for producing very high quality products and some people are willing to pay them a lot of money to get that sort of quality. 

Also it helps a lot that they used to be pretty much the main place to store wealth for the rich and Swiss banks are still viewed highly upon today. 

Well If You Want To Kill Thousands Of Small Businesses Which Barely Make Profit As It Is Then Be My Guest

And Raise The Minimum Wage 

Archived