Anyone know why some people in backpack.tf ban themselves by asking a mod to ban them?

Butters Stotch

They have to deal with real life stuff (or something else) so they ban themselves to keep focus on that one objective.

To get their priorities straight. I should probably request a ban myself, need to get some school issues sorted out.

you linked the same person twice though

Oh thanks for reminding me. I did that by accident so lemme change one of the links to the other person I saw.

It's usually when they have something in real life to deal with, and need to be banned because it keeps distracting them, and they can't control themselves.

I asked for a temp ban cause I got distracted with suggestions and had some serious projects to work on, though I made an alt and made sgts...

People ask for temp bans/perma bans cause suggestions are addicting/distracting.

And as others stated, people may have real life issues to deal with.

If you have exams or shit in your life that bp,tf distracts you,

then you can get banned so there is no way that you can be distracted.

#shitpost

Bp.tf can be a major distraction from important things. Asking for a temp./permanent ban is a way to deal with that.

Bp.tf can be a major distraction from important things. Asking for a temp./permanent ban is a way to deal with that.

The fact people can't control themselves from making suggestions is pretty sad. If people are getting to this point where they can't stop with a game's economic price guide our society has serious problems. 

The fact people can't control themselves from making suggestions is pretty sad. If people are getting to this point where they can't stop with a game's economic price guide our society has serious problems. 

I think the "blame society" claim is kinda stupid here. It's more along the lines of ADD or OCD. I personally cannot focus for the life of me, and no matter what I say, I end up on this site. It's a inability to focus and being drawn to the most attractive distraction, not some sort of societal failure.

I think the "blame society" claim is kinda stupid here. It's more along the lines of ADD or OCD. I personally cannot focus for the life of me, and no matter what I say, I end up on this site. It's a inability to focus and being drawn to the most attractive distraction, not some sort of societal failure.

This actually is very directly related to society. Society has pushed for sensory overload everywhere you look. To have more, get it faster, and move on to the next stimulus. A lot of that is driven by a want by people to be like others, to have more than the next person, etc. All of this is under the guise of capitalism in which "more is better". Maybe you never actually thought the reason why you couldn't focus was inhibited by your environment and not your genetics. So please, spare me the "claim is kinda stupid here" crap. 

This actually is very directly related to society. Society has pushed for sensory overload everywhere you look. To have more, get it faster, and move on to the next stimulus. A lot of that is driven by a want by people to be like others, to have more than the next person, etc. All of this is under the guise of capitalism in which "more is better". Maybe you never actually thought the reason why you couldn't focus was inhibited by your environment and not your genetics. So please, spare me the "claim is kinda stupid here" crap. 

Don't worry, I will spare you.

I've request a ban a couple of times for the exams, it's exams now, but i've got some free time others than studying 5 hours a day.

Archived