Ideas On The New SourceRep Site TradeSafe.tf (Serious)

TheVenomWithin

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes actually, it's all on SR.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198049714266-teeird.2665/

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198049714266-teeird.14430/

The SR mods confirm the accusation, but of course SR doesn't ban for sharking:

SezeNbw.png

There's another trade he made involving a Flies Toque (sharked) - his outpost ban used to have the link for it.

Jesus dude, HOW MANY HATS DID YOU SHARK?

Cause if it's more than three, I'm going to regard you like I do Russian phishermen, with udder and complete contempt.

Edit: referring to the toque and the other SR. reports

I'm just going to point out that this works if you have staff that actually like doing this work. I hate doing this. Ban appeals? Even worse. This is INCREDIBLY time consuming, but you are doing an injustice to banned / accused users by not doing the due diligence. We do this out of obligation, not because we like doing it. Having an operational SR is what we would all like. As much as TS and Ploko enjoy handling these kind of reports, ask them if they would like a functional SR and I'm willing to wager they wouldn't be able to say "yes" fast enough.

You might say, why not hire people to do the work you dislike. I can tell you that the number of people (1) experienced, (2) mature, (3) trustworthy enough that we'd trust with putting people's trading careers on the line is vanishingly small. This is also a problem with starting a site like this because you need not just one or two such people but an entire team.

I could handle the work of incoming reports when the site first starts, just the same as I did with Angel at SourceRep. I'm not sure if Venom would be an ideal person to do this though. I have my doubts about him from his time at SourceRep staff, as well as his marked history. I personally do not believe he would be capable of managing a venture of this magnitude.

I could handle the work of incoming reports when the site first starts, just the same as I did with Angel at SourceRep. I'm not sure if Venom would be an ideal person to do this though. I have my doubts about him from his time at SourceRep staff, as well as his marked history. I personally do not believe he would be capable of managing a venture of this magnitude.

Personally I cannot vouch for Cobalt more. In my opinion he should be a SteamRep admin, he just doesn't have the necessary references.

I'm not sure if Venom would be an ideal person to do this though. I have my doubts about him from his time at SourceRep staff, as well as his marked history. I personally do not believe he would be capable of managing a venture of this magnitude.

"Marked history."

I understand what you mean, but please use the correct term. You are essentially implying I have a caution/warning/mark on SteamRep which in fact I do not. 

Personally I cannot vouch for Cobalt more. In my opinion he should be a SteamRep admin, he just doesn't have the necessary references.

Similar to Toughsox. 

Except Toughsox deserves it way more :^)  (No offense Cobalt, You'd make a great staff member too.)

"Marked history."

I understand what you mean, but please use the correct term. You are essentially implying I have a caution/warning/mark on SteamRep which in fact I do not. 

He probably means tainted history. Which you have.

He probably means tainted history. Which you have.

Not denying that. I'm merely correcting him on his choice of words as the word marked usually is associated with SteamRep.

I actually do have the necessary references, several in fact. I was denied moderator by SR because i have a previous ban on my SR record. Thanks for the support anyways Fenrir :D

"Marked history."

Apologies, I was referring to a history with blemishes on it, as Fenrir stated.

I actually do have the necessary references, several in fact. I was denied moderator by SR because i have a previous ban on my SR record

That's strange, I'm sure AcesGamer was still a mod after his caution.

That's strange, I'm sure AcesGamer was still a mod after his caution.

I had a full banned by SR tag three years ago. I appealed successfully, but a few weeks ago I found out from Mattie that my appeal was handled incorrectly and that it should have been rejected. So I'm a very very lucky fellow in that regard, as I get a second chance :)

Any attempt to recreate an old-fashion SteamRep's going to struggle. One part of SteamRep's problem is that it's simply a forum-website now, where the database is just a separate webpage to assist with navigating the forums. Aside from the issue of offering and promising much while delivering nothing, SteamRep's from a few years ago when it was useful. Nowadays, however, Valve has made it largely redundant with its warnings during trades.

Just an FYI, Toughsox DID apply to SR, but was rejected. Oh well, their loss. :wub:

Big one at that. If toughsox can't get staff at steam rep it just shows how flawed they are. they know they are understaffed, yet are so Damn nitpicky when there are fully qualified applicants like your husband.

Archived