Ideas On The New SourceRep Site TradeSafe.tf (Serious)

TheVenomWithin

As many of you may or may not know, I was staff on SourceRep, which just recently went down after MCBros sudden departure. Inspired by my experience there, I’ve decided to embark on a new SteamRep journey, which hopefully will not suffer the same fate as SourceRep. 

In order to handle cases in a more fair, unbiased manner, I want to create a system that incorporates multiple people in the report process. A judge and jury, so to say. The jury would be made up of numerous moderators, who would, on a controversial case, debate to find a common verdict and determine the guilt of the accused. The judge would of course be an admin, and the jury’s decision on the case would be reviewed by said judge, and they would implement the decision or counter it with their own opinion. The moderators/jury would be upstanding citizens in the community who have involved themselves in the site, and the admins well chosen people who have a strong sense for justice and common sense. Of course, cases like scammer alts and impersonation would be cut and dry, no jury needed. It would be cases like cranwell’s, or nieroda’s, which would get the jury system. And there would be defense attorneys for very controversial cases, so no one is wrongly convicted because the jury became biased and did not review the proof like they should have. A defense attorney would just try to find holes in the argument of the accusers, and stick up for the defendant even if the defendant were 0gravity0. 

And before you attack me for trying to make steamrep 2.0, at least be civil and discuss this like gentlemen first. We can’t deny that SteamRep is inefficient, and it would be great to have a new community to do its job.

Discuss below if you have any thoughts or ideas you'd like to spitball, anything helps as we are still at stage one. I feel like the reason SourceRep failed, is because we didn't have a solid plan to begin with. We merely rolled with it and that's why I feel like it wasn't successful. Hopefully this time, We can layout a strong foundation and actually have this happen successfully.

Credit to BlaqkAudio for assisting me with the overall structure of this idea.

Best regards,

-Venom

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tradesafe.tf doesnt sound like something welcoming, sounds like a site made by shady russians who are familiar with trade.tf to trick people

Here's a logo for you

ff3P3Ym.png

Seriously though, the name conflict with trade.tf won't do you any good.

How would you seek to implement this? A forum + a dashboard for admins to tag like SR+, or something more sophisticated? How would you attract the attention of the big communities? http://www.traderep.org/didn't exactly have a great start.

Find willing staff members/community backers and implement a trial run of any methods used - it's important that the site has community support and can handle reports efficiently. Any partner communites should get a say in what constitutes a scammer tag.

Also, tradesafe.tf might not be the best name.

tradesafe.tf doesnt sound like something welcoming, sounds like a site made by shady russians who are familiar with trade.tf to trick people

If you have a better suggestion for a name, feel free to list one here.  The reason why I felt tradesafe.tf was a solid name is mainly because of how simple the general idea is, people understand that it is a rep site. It's easy to remember, gives us a unique name and abbreviation.

Although yes, a better name could be made. I may make a separate thread for that later.

If this would be successful, it would need to have some very trustable people in charge and moderating it before anyone will take it seriously. Someone cannot just come in and try to force the trust, it would have to be established before hand so I'd recommend having someone else create and lead it(Someone marked green on steamrep as an example) to avoid the same issue as sourcerep.

safetrade.tf              gamerep.tf

rep.tf                        gamerrep.tf

reptrade.tf                trust.tf

saferep.tf                  Honesttraders.tf

safe.tf  

besafe.tf 

safebet.tf

safenet.tf

cleantrade.tf

cleanrep.tf

checkrep.tf

getrep.tf

cleantraders.tf

helprep.tf

This is just gonna be a post dedicated to coming up with names

Can do the bp.tf style.  Put a scammer report on the front page (Active suggestion) and have the community vote if the person is guilty or not based on evidence submitted by the victim.  Final decisions would be made by a Mod/Admin.

Honestly any attempt to make another steamrep is pointless. You are too controversial and clearly biased as a person. Whatever you start will crash and burn just like that sourcerep site that never amounted to anything.

SteamREP is in over their heads and they have the best admins steam has to offer. They have direct connections to valve. You guys can start whatever you want but I'd be willing to be 10 grand right now that whatever you do as creating a "steamrep 2.0" will amount to nothing.

Access denied.

Ah, that would be because it's in the VIP forum. You can either donate $1 or I run the risk of getting banned by posting a pastebin. Bazaar, like bp.tf is a decent site so you can see where I'm going with this.

Honestly any attempt to make another steamrep is pointless. You are too controversial and clearly biased as a person. Whatever you start will crash and burn just like that sourcerep site that never amounted to anything.

SteamREP is in over their heads and they have the best admins steam has to offer. They have direct connections to valve. You guys can start whatever you want but I'd be willing to be 10 grand right now that whatever you do as creating a "steamrep 2.0" will amount to nothing.

I wouldn't count Drunken F00l as a "direct connection to Valve". He's been in deep shit several times - e.g the golden wrench fiasco.

As for being overworked, that's because people like Butane refuse to hire new Admins. FoG practically does their job now.

First, you'd actually need a site. Not just a forum. Like where you can actually search people. Second, you should find someone clean and trustworthy to be a part of this, no one wants a REP site where all the admins/mods are BANNED.

You seem to ignore anything that shows you what is wrong in this, I thought this was suppose to be used to make it better and serious?

If you cannot even take or go against comments that show you what is wrong, how do you even expect to manage something on the scale of steamrep and deal with alot of issues they have had or are having.

First, you'd actually need a site. Not just a forum. Like where you can actually search people.

Second, you should find someone clean and trustworthy to be a part of this, no one wants a REP site where all the admins/mods are BANNED.

To your point one, Yes that is already solved. I'm currently working with a good pal who knows how to run websites and we'll have something to search up IDS and URLS like Steamrep.

To your second point, I understand where you are coming from, and obviously this is quite a large concern, but mind you that it's not like i'm Steamrep marked or something to that extreme. I understand this does not excuse what I did, and still will hinder my reputation like you mentioned. There are several people who have been banned for something similar, and have still made something out of themselves. That is what i'm hoping to accomplish. Obviously this will be difficult, having to regain the trust of the community after doing something so sinful, but that's what happened. There are no excuses to be made.

If someone far more reputable than me wants to step up and take the reins, i'm all ears.

There are several people who have been banned for something similar, and have still made something out of themselves. 

like teeird right cause we all trust him :B1:

There are several people who have been banned for something similar, and have still made something out of themselves. That is what i'm hoping to accomplish. Obviously this will be difficult, having to regain the trust of the community after doing something so sinful, but that's what happened. There are no excuses to be made.

Obviously this will be difficult, having to regain the trust of the community after doing something so sinful, but that's what happened. There are no excuses to be made.

So are you in this to HELP the community or to regain trust and do what with that trust?

I now see why sourcerep and this new site will be or are destined for failure.

A leader with the wrong idea.

(Note: You were rekt, my sig explains it all)

like teeird right cause we all trust him :B1:

At least half of the original bazaar staff were banned on OP from what I remember. It was essentially an anti-outpost site originally, just look at Mr.Man's old blog (wonderfulworldoftf2op).

Bazaar emerged due to people being fed up of outpost's lack of updates and highballers. Maybe a site that can compete with Steamrep could get them to up their game or improve the situation. It's only a possibility, though

Archived