Who (Or What) Do You Listen To When You Study?

TheVenomWithin

I don't study

Same, but when I do classwork/homework in class, some Avicii or some J-Rock/J-Pop/Anime OP/ED's or Nightcore.

Obviously classical for studying (this is a channel on pandora I occasionally visit in my boredom).

Not that I've ever studied for anything in my life, too lazy for that.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Deftones, but Nine Inch Nails, Daft Punk, Rammstein, and Tool also get pretty frequent play while I work.

And of course, the occasional dubstep mix. :P

Nothing

I open my books and start reading.

For calculus, since I've never actually studied for math before, I guess i'll be watching videos.

I don't study any more since I'm now 11 years removed from college, but when I did I'd either go with movie soundtracks without words which made it easier to focus (some favorites were Braveheart, Shawshank Redemption, Road to Perdition, Count of Monte Cristo, etc) or I'd go with Sneaker Pimps. I don't know if this can be topped as a chill trip hop tune...

Nothing

I open my books and start reading.

For calculus, since I've never actually studied for math before, I guess i'll be watching videos.

• 3 weeks later...

Metallica

Guns N' Roses

Bon Jovi

Black Sabbath

The Police 

Volbeat

Queen

Nirvana

Van Halen

Scorpions

Led Zeppelin

I would have AC/DC on there but they're not on Spotify.

• 2 weeks later...

Genesis or Pink Floyd. Only the calmer Floyd songs so I can concentrate a bit. Though really this is more when doing exercises because learning with music on makes you concentrate on the music. I tried this and then on my geography test I could only remember reading about seismic activity and linking it with dancing with the moonlit knight and not what I was supposed to learn about it. But when making math or stuff like that music is great

• Administrators

How do people listen to music while studying? Doesn't that just distract you? If I did that, I'd either listen/enjoy/sing along and not focus on the studying or get into whatever I'm reading and not even notice the music.

Archived