Scamming/Phishing Stories

TheVenomWith1n

Go ahead and post some stories about getting scammed or phished, interested to see what some of you guys have experienced before.

Personally I've never been scammed/phished ,but I've done some pretty shitty trades on my part, so you could say I've been kinda sharked before. Luckily, I don't deal with unusuals , so nothing too bad.

1. was nub. phished. lost items. got back items

2. was even fucking stupider nub. got trusted friend scammed. didnt get items back. fml.

1. was nub. phished. lost items. got back items

2. was even fucking stupider nub. got trusted friend scammed. didnt get items back. fml.

What'd you lose?

Oh my story.

it was summer and I started playing CS:GO more so I bought a Fade Gut knife and a awp redline Statrak FT+ about 20$ worth of other skins (the total was around 200+) and I got a offer from a group i joined for CS:GO trading and i was added by the group owner and you know i wasn't introduced to CS:GO phising just tf2 so i thought it wasn't as bad as it was so i trusted him and so i did and seconds later it said i sent a trade offer for all my items to a random account the guy unfriended me and i sat there facepalming hard. i tryed to provide proof to steam that i was hijacked but they have there head up there ass or some shit and didn't want to give me back my items days later that guy left the group i guessed because he got marked before which made me atleast a bit happy about him dieing out but Im still trying to work out of it now. (I also have school so) thats harder to do then if it was summer (which its close, i can taste it.)

Oh my story.

it was summer and I started playing CS:GO more so I bought a Fade Gut knife and a awp redline Statrak FT+ about 20$ worth of other skins (the total was around 200+) and I got a offer from a group i joined for CS:GO trading and i was added by the group owner and you know i wasn't introduced to CS:GO phising just tf2 so i thought it wasn't as bad as it was so i trusted him and so i did and seconds later it said i sent a trade offer for all my items to a random account the guy unfriended me and i sat there facepalming hard. i tryed to provide proof to steam that i was hijacked but they have there head up there ass or some shit and didn't want to give me back my items days later that guy left the group i guessed because he got marked before which made me atleast a bit happy about him dieing out but Im still trying to work out of it now. (I also have school so) thats harder to do then if it was summer (which its close, i can taste it.)

Exactly how did he phish you? Did he send a link?

Two years ago someone who I frequently talked to on Steam asked if I wanted to buy some Steam games off of him for free (We had been friends for a while as well.). He had no games in his inventory and when asked he stated that he'd buy the games after I paid him and being the awful trader I was and because he was my friend I went along with it.

Needless to say he took my items (Some ToDs, craft hats, genuines, and some S.parts) and then blocked and removed me.

The overall value of my lost items was small at least and it taught me that friends are just as likely to steal and take advantage of you as anyone stranger.

What'd you lose?

It was a long time ago.

first time: steaming pillar (crap)

second time: kaw titanium + p.fetti mongolian (crap)

It was a long time ago.

first time: steaming pillar (crap)

second time: kaw titanium + p.fetti mongolian (crap)

Yes then you quit tf2 saying it was "Bad" for a few weeks

My brother (9) wanted a minecraft account.

I met someone who wanted to sell me an account, and I trusted him. Now I lose 2 euro's in skins rip

Archived