...How do you play GMOD?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

Played it for the first time today. It was disappointing and I blew up Chim and a car :/

How do you get your ray gun thing back after you change to a gun?

Can you use voice chat?

How do you change characters?
How do you build a car?
Can you build a helicopter?

What are important controls?

Played it for the first time today. It was disappointing and I blew up Chim and a car :/

How do you get your ray gun thing back after you change to a gun?

Can you use voice chat?

How do you change characters?

How do you build a car?

Can you build a helicopter?

What are important controls?

How do you get your ray gun thing back after you change to a gun? - G, or pressing 1 two/three times.

Can you use voice chat? Yes you can. Text chat is u and y, and voice chat is x.

How do you change characters? Don't quite know that one, though I know it's possible.

How do you build a car? There's a tutorial on the main screen that shows you how...

Can you build a helicopter? If you can't build one, you can probably spawn one.

What are important controls? WASD, left-click, right-click, your arsenal of weapons, etc.

How do you get your ray gun thing back after you change to a gun? - G, or pressing 1 two/three times.

Can you use voice chat? Yes you can. Text chat is u and y, and voice chat is x.

How do you change characters? Don't quite know that one, though I know it's possible.

How do you build a car? There's a tutorial on the main screen that shows you how...

Can you build a helicopter? If you can't build one, you can probably spawn one.

What are important controls? WASD, left-click, right-click, your arsenal of weapons, etc.

thanks, how do you add a server to favorites? There's no add to favorites button :/

thanks, how do you add a server to favorites? There's no add to favorites button :/

When you're searching for a server, instead of going to the normal layout, go to the "Legacy Browser". It'll bring up a pop-up like the TF2 one.

Changing character: Press Q to bring up the spawn menu, or whatever, then on the left there are some tabs. Go to the one called Options, I think, and select your character there. It might be different depending on what game you're playing, though, I think DarkRP has a different way. I don't remember though.

the addons in the main menu, should mention you can also call them mods.

some of the weapons are kinda fun though.

Don't forget to check out the Workshop. They have some pretty awesome things there too that you normally can't get via mods.

I have my own question on the matter: how do the Roleplay servers work?

you get a job, either as a bad guy or a good guy or random worker. and go at it. thats all ive understood. oh, and you'll be abused by admins who want it exactly their way

how to play trouble in terrorist town

1. find a weapon

2. kill everybody you see

3. ???

4. get banned from the server....er i mean PROFIT!

you get a job, either as a bad guy or a good guy or random worker. and go at it. thats all ive understood. oh, and you'll be abused by admins who want it exactly their way

Sounds mildly amusing up until the admin part

Sounds mildly amusing up until the admin part

Play GMTower :P. It's basically like a do-what-you-want game where people are pretty slack on the rules. Just don't continually abuse admins and you'll be fine. You get to play mini games for money and you can use those for parties (yes, there's beer).

how to play trouble in terrorist town

1. find a weapon

2. kill everybody you see

3. ???

4. get banned from the server....er i mean PROFIT!

That's called Rdm, you need to have evidence to show that the terrorist is a Traitor...

I have my own question on the matter: how do the Roleplay servers work?

There's a big market for RP cash for TF2 items as an exchange service. I know a guy who's big into that. He knows the owner of the server and he has him create free money for him, then exchanges it for items that could be sold for cash.

He is going to grow up into a wonderful young bankster

Well, I've played a lot of GMod now, but nothing more than sandbox yet, I'll hop onto a DarkRP or GMTower server sometime today and figure that out.  So far it's been me and my friends just fucking around with addons, which was surprisingly time-consumingly fun

• 2 weeks later...

I've had it since February.

660-something hours, mostly from TTT, although Ultimate Chimera Hunt and Sandbox take up a good bit as well.

Archived