Team Fortress 2 won't load item server or shift tab?

JayTuut

I haven't played tf2 in about 2 weeks and I finally went on to see my loadout.

I couldnt shift tab and whenever I got a message it would come outside of tf2 (i have it in windowed mode). And when i go to items it does the contacting steam server for 30 seconds then fail and it says not connected to steam even tho i still can message and receive messages and stuff on steam......

My tf2 looks a tiny bit different with the console being smaller but that could of been my hud updating. This has never happened so... help?

Did you verify game cache?

Do you have an anti-virus/firewall?

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Did you verify game cache?

Do you have an anti-virus/firewall?

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

I verified game cache, i do have a firewall with tf2 unblocked. Not sure about the graphic drivers but why would that make me unable to connect?

I have an odd variant of the Shift-Tab thing that happens to me occasionally.

I have it in fullscreen, so I Shift+Tab to look at chat, and it takes me out of TF2 and onto my desktop, but a little black bar stays in the top left, and if I click it it freezes my laptop and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and close TF2 (which is not responding). It fixes itself the next day though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

The item server being down is a normal thing, and it showing offline even though you're obviously online and can do online things is a random bug, I get it too.

If you're really worried, reinstall. You won't lose anything.

Archived