Ouch

DJCaseyD

Talk about a mistake. A few weeks ago, someone was selling a Noble Nickel bats hat. A friend of mine is really into both of these. At the time, the person was playing the "how much can i get out of this game". My friend offered a few different times and settled on 80 keys. This person wouldn't budge from 90 keys, which was way above bp at the time I believe.  My friend decides to forget it and move on.  Flash forward to today.  He's looking around on the SCM and sees the hat. He's thinking it's duped or something but it's only $90 so he decides to buy it.  Who's the owner before him once he looks in his bp? Yep, that same person. lol

By my calculation, that's about 37 keys or so. Talk about taking it in the shorts. Safety tip for traders: Don't be a dork.  When someone offers you a good deal. Stop being so greedy.

i would have taken that offer, ran to the fucking hills, and then to the hills over that and then move to cuba and never speak again

No idea. That's what's so weird about it. And it's not duped or gifted, so it's not like a quicksell for that reason. I think the person just way overvalued the thing in their own mind (it was 1 of 1 at the time and maybe still is). People get really stubborn on this stuff sometimes. What I'm really not sure of is why they didn't go back to my friend or anyone else that may have offered on it and offered to sell it for a little less than what they were offering before. Seems like a no brainer to me. Instead they basically took 40 keys or so less than what they were offered a few weeks before.

In fact, I just looked at Outpost again and the last description on it, which was less than a month ago, was a B/O of 100 keys!

People gain and lose based upon decisions.

So the guy with the noble made a poor decision, that hardly means that every decision to hold is a poor one (as you are trying to insinuate).

So instead of gloating in the failures of others, how about you show us how easy it is to make those 37 keys.

When you're holding out for 90 or 100 keys when even 80 is above bp, and you're playing games with prices because you think they want the hat so bad that they'll pay anything, than yeah, sometimes stuff like this is going to happen to you.  And when did I say anything about it being easy to make 37 keys?  And when did I say or even insinuate that holding is always a bad decision? Perhaps instead of disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing, you might want to actually read the post fully.  Crap, all you have to do is read the last line to get the whole reason I wrote the post in the first place---greed.

People gain and lose based upon decisions.

So the guy with the noble made a poor decision, that hardly means that every decision to hold is a poor one (as you are trying to insinuate).

So instead of gloating in the failures of others, how about you show us how easy it is to make those 37 keys.

Archived