Teachers

♥Nick♥

I'll be graduating from High School in just a few months (hopefully) now and I was thinking about all my teachers. I've had many teachers and substitutes. I respect some, despise others, and am indifferent from the rest.

I respect teachers based on their work, attitude and skill.

Looking back, I respect my chemistry, physics, algebra 2 (2nd half), AP art history and AP calculus AB teachers. Just naming a few there.

I've also thought of teachers that I somewhat despised such as my geometry, algebra 2 teacher (1st half), and AP US history teacher. Each one I considered unqualified and playing favorites too much.

Now, I also remember some substitutes ranging from the old hispanic lady that does not know how to teach to the black guy that has your work ready for you the moment you step into class to the hipster looking guy that goes onto Netflix using the smart board and shows us 9/11 conspiracy theories.

TL;DR

What kind of teachers do you respect/despise? What kind of substitutes teachers have you had?

The ones that leave us kids alone because all in all it's just another brick in the wall

No but seriously, the ones that back off a bit. I get that some kids needed to get pushed into working but I wasn't/ am not one of those kids. By far my favourite teacher was my (Dutch version of) high school economics teacher. He was really chill because if you had good grades you could just not come to his classes if you didn't feel like it and stuff. But you needed to get good grades because if you got bad grades he got pretty serious. This was seriously motivating for my class. High school economics isn't that tough so mostly we would just study a bit for it and get an 8, whereas if that rule wasn't there everybody would just get 6's (1 is lowest grade, 10 is highest. A 6 is a pass which is what everybody aims for in every class). So he got good grades, happy students and a nice relation with his students. And he would go out drinking beers with us too and we'd go and have class dinners with him etc. Really really nice guy, the only one of my teachers I ever missed. That's what all teachers should be like in my opinion but for some other students/subjects this approach might not work

I like teachers that are relaxed. 

I don't want to feel pressured while I'm learning, I'd rather feel relaxed and open while I learn what I do. For this reason, I prefer AP Classes. At my high school, nearly all of the teachers that teach AP classes trust us enough to remain relaxed at all times. It's very soothing and calming to me. 

I really despise teachers that are very short-tempered, or unwilling to offer help when asked for.

Short-tempered teachers bother me not because I'm a rowdy student that messes with them, but rather because of the other idiots in my class pissing them off. If you're easily angered- don't be a teacher. As for teachers that are unwilling to explain materials, they think it's better for you to figure it out for yourself rather than ask them for help. AKA: they're lazy. 

I've had all sorts of subs. My most memorable experience was a VERY racist sub that would constantly call out the black kids in my class, and send them to the office for doing hardly anything. The black kids would freak out, and she'd start crying and leave the class room. It was hilarious at times, and very awkward at others. 

There is this substitute at my school, and he comes to teach classes at least once a week.

All his hair is super long and its all combed straight back, and he has a really long beard.  He's also quite.. "round" you might say.

He wears the same thing each time (jeans, vans, and green button up shirt)

All he does the whole period is play on his phone and occasionally look up to tell us to be quiet, or to loudly SSSHHHH us, or DS (he links up and plays with some of the kids at school sometimes o,o) 

I like teachers that don't bother if you don't do shit in class. It's my speciality to waste time while being on school.

Definitely the ones who matched each of these criteria:

No thick accent

Good sense of humor

Few projects

No homework

Easygoing

If female: Attractive
If male: Funny

Most importantly, the ones who wouldn't write you a referral if you kicked a chair out from under them or shanked them with a pen

i despise my fucking World History teachers cus she chooses favorites and i fucked up a questions once and he started to hate me for it. she failed me on a huge project we had 2 weeks ago but im glad im almost done with her.

My English 3-4 teacher this year and my World History teacher in 7th grade

My English teacher oozes sarcasm, and can be serious when necessary. I can relate to him so good.

My World History teacher was awesome. He just made class fun to be in, and even made the books we read interesting

I appreciate funny teachers, but if they cannot get the material out, what's the point. My male Spanish teacher last year was awesome. Lively, funny, energetic, and could teach and control his class. This year, same thing, but she's female and can't seem to do that last thing.

I hate teachers that say "They're your grades, not mine. I'm done with highschool so I don't care what you get in my class" but they secretly hate you if you have lower than a C and the majority of people are getting A's and B's. e.g. my pre-calc teacher this year

I really despise my English 4 teacher, she gives out so much work but barely grades any of it.

This monday, we had a substitute and she left work for the class. The The Sub didn't collect the work so we kept it. The next day, everyone checks the grades and what do we see? An F for the 4th grading period before it even started. During Tuesday, more work was left with a substitute. Everyone turned in, but wait, guess what, she DIDNT FUCKING GRADE IT. My English 4 teacher grades the shit we dont turn in but not the crap we actually do turn in.

Looking back, I respect my chemistry, physics, algebra 2 (2nd half), AP art history and AP calculus AB teachers. Just naming a few their.

I really despise my English 4 teacher

I see why

I see why

I never noticed that before. Typing on the touchscreen keyboard gets annoying when it changed the word I wrote half the time

Archived