Repercussions of requesting a ban.

Mike Hawk

So I requested a ban a while back because I had some IRL stuff to take care of. 

As of now I have 5 warning points (I guess that's the only way to ban someone from the forums?) and I no longer have access to that thread. 

I dunno if this was intentional, but I think it's a little weird/ unfair. 

When I received the ban it told me I received 5 warning points for spamming in the thread, and now I have those points and can't access the thread. 

When I received the ban it told me I received 5 warning points for spamming in the thread, and now I have those points and can't access the thread.

I don't think it was intentional. Maybe just PM the mod who gave you the points and ask about it?

Warning a person is the easiest way by far to ban a person. You can get banned with any number of warning points, even 0, but only after you have accumulated 5 warning points in total. (If you have 3 then 2 will do to ban you). You had 0 points prior to the request ban so 5 were handed out.

And the thread not showing up for you is very weird. The thread nor your post has been hidden/deleted I don't know what's going on there

Wait, wait, can someone clear this up; Is this people requesting their own ban, or a ban for someone else? 

You can only request bans for yourself.

Wait, wait, can someone clear this up; Is this people requesting their own ban, or a ban for someone else? 

It would be really awesome to be able to request bans for someone else.

It would be really awesome to be able to request bans for someone else.

You mean a report? Otherwise that sounds like the worst idea ever. Think of the abuse and fraudulent requests...

What warning points?

I was more wondering if it was possible for me to get my warning points removed? I requested a 1 week ban and got 3 warning points, so was wondering if I could get these removed.

I have requested a few bans in the past and I dont have any warning points atm, it might just be for some users or dependant on which mod issued the ban?

I have requested a few bans in the past and I dont have any warning points atm, it might just be for some users or dependant on which mod issued the ban?

Mods can't forum ban without giving warnings.

Archived