Laptop Help?

RoNsTiG

Hey,

I have a gaming laptop, and have had for almost a year. However, when I play any intensive games, such as Far Cry 3, my CPU temperature rockets, and I mean rocket. I go from a normal 60 degrees idle, to a sold 90 degrees. It's always been like this, ever since I got it, and it hasn't had any effect on performance, it's just as quick as when I got it.

Just wondering if this temp is dangerous, or could have any long-term effects.

P.S. I use a cooling pad, doesn't make much of a difference.

You might wanna consider getting a better cooling pad if it still heats up like that

The thing is, my intake is really small, so a cooling pad won't make much of a difference, it's not as if I have a shitty knock of pad either. 

goto control panel

Power Option

change current plan settings

change advanced power settings

and change the max and min processor state until you find a good spot

i suggest doing this until your max temp is under 70

c7be73b2dd.png

90 is perfectly OK, the TJ is 100. http://ark.intel.com/products/78931/Intel-Core-i7-4710MQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz

The TJunction is the highest temprature that a CPU can go before throttling/shutting down. (can't remember which)

I have a i7-4700MQ, similar CPU and I get around 90 a lot, and after a few years it's still ok.

I'm not an expert or anything, and this is coming from how many times I've ripped a ps3 apart and put it back together, but is there thermal paste in laptops? If so you might wanna take it off and put some new paste on. 

I'm not an expert or anything, and this is coming from how many times I've ripped a ps3 apart and put it back together, but is there thermal paste in laptops? If so you might wanna take it off and put some new paste on. 

Yes.

You had it for a year so far, most likely cooling fan is clogged with dust. Cooling pads do help, cooling pad fans blow colder air into a laptop, reducing heat, doesn't matter if the intake is small. I use Cooler Master pad, it has 3 cooling fans, and allows me to place how i want.

Cleaning laptop fan/radiator and changing cpu thermal paste would definitely would help.

Archived