Desktop

Mr.Mem

I'm getting a desktop computer for my birthday, and I was wondering what brands/models were good for specific pieces of hardware. For example, I hear Razer is the best for mice. Also, I'm going to be building my desktop, so I'd also like input on things like video cards, monitors, etc etc. Thank you!

I'm getting a desktop computer for my birthday, and I was wondering what brands/models were good for specific pieces of hardware. For example, I hear Razer is the best for mice. Also, I'm going to be building my desktop, so I'd also like input on things like video cards, monitors, etc etc. Thank you!

What's your budget? Also, no Razer is best for nothing. They make cheap crap that breaks. 

What's your budget? Also, no Razer is best for nothing. They make cheap crap that breaks. 

I don't know what your experience with Razor has been, but thusfar mine has worked perfectly.

Then again, you are the god of technology, so what do I know.

Posted · Hidden by Mr. Bucket, March 15, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Mr. Bucket, March 15, 2015 - No reason given

I know nothing about this stuff, so have Jack Black as an octagon dancing towards Nicholas Cage and Adam Sandler instead.

7I8rsa.gif

More or less $600

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($114.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($192.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($92.00 @ B&H) 
Total: $632.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 17:22 EDT-0400

go with an i5-4440 if you can afford it. 

I don't know what your experience with Razor has been, but thusfar mine has worked perfectly.

Then again, you are the god of technology, so what do I know.

I'd agree with Keroro, my experiences with Razer have been great. I do know they have a reputation though, so I wouldn't recommend a razer product, although the Vespula is a good mouse pad.

I'd agree with Keroro, my experiences with Razer have been great. I do know they have a reputation though, so I wouldn't recommend a razer product, although the Vespula is a good mouse pad.

It's hard to fuck up a mouse pad. 

Although, I would never buy one because I'm perfectly content with my $1 mouse pad. 

It's hard to fuck up a mouse pad. 

Although, I would never buy one because I'm perfectly content with my $1 mouse pad. 

Very true, but if he was gonna spend money for a pad, the vespula is great

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($114.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($192.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($92.00 @ B&H) 
Total: $632.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 17:22 EDT-0400

go with an i5-4440 if you can afford it. 

Windows 7 cheaper more reliable and less annoying to use

Not more reliable, and once you get used to w8.1 it's just as easy to use. Also, w7 isn't any cheaper. 

Not more reliable, and once you get used to w8.1 it's just as easy to use. Also, w7 isn't any cheaper. 

Or you could just get it from... y'know.

I tried 8.1 for a week and it was really annoying and dumbed down 

Id rather stick with the simple desktop and taskbar 

Oh and that thing where you move your mouse to right of the screen and a window pops up really annoyed me the most

I tried 8.1 for a week and it was really annoying and dumbed down 

Id rather stick with the simple desktop and taskbar 

Oh and that thing where you move your mouse to right of the screen and a window pops up really annoyed me the most

I got used to 8.1 on the 2nd day of using it. Once you know how to use it, it is pretty simple to use and it is better to stay on top of the new technology than be outdated if there is not something big keeping you away from it.

For mice and headsets, check out Corsair. For mousepads check out Perixx. If you want a mechanical keyboard, check out Cooler Master.

For mice and headsets, check out Corsair. For mousepads check out Perixx. If you want a mechanical keyboard, check out Cooler Master.

Corsair headsets are mediocre at best. Kingston HyperX Clouds 1/2 are definitely the best headsets (for the money). Although, for a bit more you can get something like an ATH M20x and mod mic4.0, which is all around better. 

For mice: Logitech, Minoix, and Corsair. 

For Keyboards: Corsair, Cooler Master, Ducky, Das Keyboard, filco, and a whole bunch of others -- although cooler master/corsair are usually the cheapest options (although, if you're not going for a mechanical keyboard -- which with a $600 computer is questionable -- something like a Cooler Master Devastator is pretty much the best option). 

Archived