Why/how do some items have a traded origin

Swinnuh

Hi,

Just wondering why some items have "Traded" as its origin. My friend told me if it says "traded" its duped and "found in crate" clean..Is this true?

Found a forum post that sort of raised the same question: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/481-tf2-items-origin-question-need-help/

I always presumed that "traded" just meant that whatever tracks steam IDs didn't know what other category to put it in. I have a haunted holy hunter with a "traded" origin, no idea why though. I don't believe it's duped. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wondering why some items have "Traded" as its origin. My friend told me if it says "traded" its duped and "found in crate" clean..Is this true?

Actually, duped items have a "steam support" origin. Unless they were duped looonnggg times ago, when Russians could dupe stuff and not only steam support. 95% of all current dupes are steam support

Actually, duped items have a "steam support" origin. Unless they were duped looonnggg times ago, when Russians could dupe stuff and not only steam support. 95% of all current dupes are steam support

What does the origin appear as if it was the old duped back from a while ago? :o

And seems like dupes now a days are alot more common because idiotic smart people like clicking phishing links

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump old topics again.

Still confused about these..

Found in Crate: Clean yes? But it has gone through trading.

Traded: No idea, what's the difference between this and Found in Crate?

Support Granted: Definite Dupe? 

Sorry to bump old topics again.

Still confused about these..

Support granted is NOT definitively a dupe. Some items can only come into existance this way (vintage tokens/metal)

Traded means traded before a certain time, after which they removed this origin (I don't remember when)

Found in crate can either be found in a crate by the current owner or traded, but can also have been duped (I own an item, it gets stolen, mine becomes support granted. The original one still is "found in a crate")

I heard you liek bamps

1st - uncrated, non-duped (most likely, on some cases not), possibly gone through trading

2nd - obtained before a certain date (manniversary?)

3rd - Most likely dupe, but not in all cases (the hijacked unusual might be delted from the hijacker''s account, and the dupe will be restored, but isn't very likely)

I heard you liek bamps

1st - uncrated, non-duped (most likely, on some cases not), possibly gone through trading

2nd - obtained before a certain date (manniversary?)

3rd - Most likely dupe, but not in all cases (the hijacked unusual might be delted from the hijacker''s account, and the dupe will be restored, but isn't very likely)

I posted the exact same thing an hour befor

I posted the exact same thing an hour befor

I had the page open for abuot an hour then posted and it showed the "new reply " message

gg

Support granted is NOT definitively a dupe. Some items can only come into existance this way (vintage tokens)

Also the tradable black rose. But think items which come into existence is way are pretty rare now a days.

Awesome, thanks and cheers for your info guys, I have a much better understanding now.

Going off topic, let's say person A gets hijacked, and person B is the hijacker with the stolen unusual.

Steam provides a dupe yes? Does Person A or Person B receive this? 

Awesome, thanks and cheers for your info guys, I have a much better understanding now.

Going off topic, let's say person A gets hijacked, and person B is the hijacker with the stolen unusual.

Steam provides a dupe yes? Does Person A or Person B receive this? 

Rewording it

Person A gets hijacked By person B.

Person A applies for steam support and steam will "restores" their backpack. The hijacked unusual/items will not be deleted because it may be been traded...etc 

So person A gets a restored unusual, and the "original" one is still in the hijacker's bp, but they are now both dupes. (same item ID in 2 different backpacks)

Rewording it

Person A gets hijacked By person B.

Person A applies for steam support and steam will "restores" their backpack. The hijacked unusual/items will not be deleted because it may be been traded...etc 

So person A gets a restored unusual, and the "original" one is still in the hijacker's bp, but they are now both dupes. (same item ID in 2 different backpacks)

I know this feeling all too well ;_;

"Origin" sometimes get changed to "Traded" for items before original_id 580,000,000

That means items created after Nov 2011 can never acquire the "Traded" origin. 

Archived