Are Scammer Trades Valid?

Julia Gillard the Honest

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/520288174bd7b80d51000004

This hat, at one point recently, sold for eleven buds (and two other hats) to a scammer. I've never really thought about it before. Are sales to scammers valid? I'm thinking that they are with buds but not with hats since buds can be sold anywhere but, again, I've never thought about it before now.

Please tell, what do you think? Are such trades valid indicators of a hat's value?

It depends on whether they follow the pattern set by other sales. If it is an obvious shark/hijack or an obvious launder overpay then it should not be given much weight as evidence. If it is one of the only recent sales then I would err on the side of caution and wait until more sales appear

Why shouldn't they be?

Because if a scammer bought it he could chargeback at anytime, so, his offer isn't necessarily valid as theres no telling whether its a real offer. Plus, a good scammer can also scam tons of buds, and therefore doesn't give a shit about them--he just wanted to dump the buds for other, non-scammed items. 

So heres my take on it. If the scammers offer isn't an outlier, then count it. If its an outlier then assume hes trying to launder buds/is going to chargeback. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still don't understand chargebacks, how do people do them?

Use a credit card. Spend money. Say your credit card was stolen and get your money back.

Archived