How much spam do you want cleared from the status updates?

polar

What changes do you want to status updates?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How should status updates be treated?

• They are fine as is - essentially treated as an equivalent of the GB
    • I want significantly more moderation to clear spam. Contentless posts should be removed.

I know, Puddingkip, I didn't say it had been.

I said it was important that it was understood that's not what the first option on this poll represents.

...You really never read what I'm saying, do you? XD

But you said "encouraged like it is now"

Anyway keep the status updates clear

But you said "encouraged like it is now"

Anyway keep the status updates clear

Whatever comes of this vote, I think it's important to note that even if spam is allowed in status updates, it shouldn't be encouraged, as it is now.

That way madness lies.

People either can't read or don't understand how commas work

anything wubsies <3333 dobro related and anime discussions

Dobro and Wubsies is gone(long time ago)

Status updates does get outta hand time to time(flame wars, user/site raiding, etc.  It shouldn't be heavily moderated, but as Spicy/w0lk said earlier, have a limited status posts for a certain period sounds pretty reasonable, keeping it stable.

As long as I can keep asking for what should I trade statuses and sometimes have the repeat it, then i'm cool with it being modarted

Make it so you can only post 10 status updates per some time period.

Would that be a good idea?

I don't think it would, there are sometimes you might have to make more then 10 in a certain time period

I don't think it would, there are sometimes you might have to make more then 10 in a certain time period

You can say anything you want in one status update, If you don't give me a good enough example, your argument is invalid.

It's just that I really appreciate that I can be looking at the index and see people being friendly and interacting with each other. If someone makes a serious status update, they're usually met with a serious reply. 

I enjoy status updates. 

this was expressing my opinion about the football match that has only just ended. PSG has put a very remarkable prestation (1 man less who also happens to be their star player, coming back from being behind twice).

and I had not seen this thread yet :P

Pls for the love of all that is good and holy don't moderate the status updates.

Within limits of course

Eh. I think people are so afraid about too much moderation that they are willing to take spam. And I can understand that. I want to emphasize that my main rule is "don't be a dick." If you're minding your own business, I honestly don't care what you do. But pointless post after post about dongers just becomes annoying to a lot of people. But maybe I'm wrong. Again, my main responsibility is to the main site. These are your forums. And if you're happy with the way things are, then less work for me.. 

Eh. I think people are so afraid about too much moderation that they are willing to take spam. And I can understand that. I want to emphasize that my main rule is "don't be a dick." If you're minding your own business, I honestly don't care what you do. But pointless post after post about dongers just becomes annoying to a lot of people. But maybe I'm wrong. Again, my main responsibility is to the main site. These are your forums. And if you're happy with the way things are, then less work for me.. 

You hit the nail on the head. As a conservative american, I've been raised, almost indoctrinated to hate government and moderation. But I like things the way they are, so the way they were here was perfect. The thought of them changing sort of irks me, and that's where this entire argument comes from. With your promise that the new rules would be relatively lax, I suppose I could get behind more moderation for the status updates.

I prefer the stauts updates unmoderated, mostly for their pace. Even when the forums themselves are slow, the status updates aren't. There's always something new. And shitpost/spam updated often get similar comments. Idk, it's entertaining.

Hell, I spend more time interacting with status updates than actual threads.

I think they're fine as they are. The only time action should be taken is if one of the major rules are broken (such as inappropriate links)

I think that status updates should be very lightly moderated. I only get bothered when

1. someone reposts a plug every 5 minutes

2. everyone flames at one person/a flamewar is started

I don't even think spam should be moderated, I personally like it when a riot breaks loose every now and then, and I don't think it interferes with anything important

Oh, ye of little faith... Locking. I'm going to let puddingkip and Plax run the show. They can take the comments here and in the last poll about plugs into consideration in their moderation.

Archived