Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

polar

How much spam do you want cleared from the status updates?

What changes do you want to status updates?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How should status updates be treated?

• They are fine as is - essentially treated as an equivalent of the GB
    • I want significantly more moderation to clear spam. Contentless posts should be removed.

polar

This is your community, so I want to leave this up to you. I haven't finished the section on spamming in the forum rules yet. Going to finish that up based on what YOU want. So vote!

Also, feel free to post any kind of moderation changes you want for the forums or any changes you want to the forum rules.

EDIT: Want to emphasize that under option 2, it will still be okay to ask quick questions or make short comments in place of making a formal thread. However, it does mean contentless posts like these ---

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/1340-thecityburns2day/?status_id=172081

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/6453-booty-buster-frank/?status_id=172121

---- will be cleared and bannable.

Puddingkeep

This is your community, so I want to leave this up to you. I haven't finished the section on spamming in the forum rules yet. Going to finish that up based on what YOU want. So vote!

Also, feel free to post any kind of moderation changes you want for the forums or any changes you want to the forum rules.

Spam shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. It's annoying.

Even for GB, when the same person spams 2-3 GB threads in a row.

Zcrab

I think all thoose plugs for trades should be moderated - if you want to advertise your stuff, do it in the trading subforum.

Mikusch

Status updates don't hurt anyone, there is a button to close them after all, so you don't have to necessarily read them.

Also, if spam in status updates gets moderated, the GB will be twice as shit because everyone goes there then.

Gent♥

b11a8279ce.png

If only.

I fear I may know how this is going to go, but I know how it should.

Status updates are among the first things people see when they enter the forums, they should reflect the other visible forums.

λngelღмander

To be honest, polar, I think trying to moderate the status updates is going to harm the relatively lax and enjoyable feel to them, I enjoy that they can be both serious and a joke, but trying to force people to maintain their manners there will only make them less fun for the regulars and uselessly more dangerous to post in. 

polar

I think all thoose plugs for trades should be moderated - if you want to advertise your stuff, do it in the trading subforum.

Well, I made a poll about this before and >50% of people wanted to keep plugs. If status updates are cleared of spam and too many plugs come up, then I will consider asking the question again.

Gent♥

To be honest, polar, I think trying to moderate the status updates is going to harm the relatively lax and enjoyable feel to them, I enjoy that they can be both serious and a joke, but trying to force people to maintain their manners there will only make them less fun for the regulars and uselessly more dangerous to post in. 

You already have the GB. If this was about the fun it wouldn't be a question.

AwesomeMcCoolName

Please for the love of god clear out spam in the status updates...the way they are now, they're pretty much unusable. 

polar

Status updates don't hurt anyone, there is a button to close them after all, so you don't have to necessarily read them.

Also, if spam in status updates gets moderated, the GB will be twice as shit because everyone goes there then.

I edited my original post to hopefully make things a bit clearer. As indicated, we already have the GB. I would personally prefer if spam could be kept there. Guests, visitors from other communities see status updates FIRST. I would rather they not be a complete shit show. But again, your community, your decision. Fewer rules means less work for me...

Puddingkeep

How about we Clear up all the old status updates and start from zero?

95% of them are useless spam.

Explosion-chan

There needs to be an in between. My status earlier would have been ok, but all of the copypastas after it should not have been ok

Slocumruls

I honestly think they are fine as is. No more useless than facebook wall posts.

λngelღмander

It's just that I really appreciate that I can be looking at the index and see people being friendly and interacting with each other. If someone makes a serious status update, they're usually met with a serious reply. 

888e7e44cf0e935ceb041638a0934026.png

Just look at this. Pudding posted something relatively useless, alfie even before him. Did those statuses really give the community a bad name? Probably not. When I first joined the forum, I ignored status updates. it took me a month of posting before I had the gall to try one. I think they're not really the face of the community as much as a regular post is. I think moderating them would kill the spirit that currently inhabits them.

TheVenomWithin

I enjoy status updates. Even if they are spam, it takes a minute to disappear from the main page. What I find the most annoying though, is plugs. I like status updates as they are a quick way to share important news, and what's going down in the community. I simply do not believe it is easy at all to moderate said status updates, nor is there any real need to.

puddingkip

It's just that I really appreciate that I can be looking at the index and see people being friendly and interacting with each other. If someone makes a serious status update, they're usually met with a serious reply. 

Just look at this. Pudding posted something relatively useless, alfie even before him. Did those statuses really give the community a bad name? Probably not. When I first joined the forum, I ignored status updates. it took me a month of posting before I had the gall to try one. I think they're not really the face of the community as much as a regular post is. I think moderating them would kill the spirit that currently inhabits them.

this was expressing my opinion about the football match that has only just ended. PSG has put a very remarkable prestation (1 man less who also happens to be their star player, coming back from being behind twice).

and I had not seen this thread yet :P

Gent♥

Whatever comes of this vote, I think it's important to note that even if spam is allowed in status updates, it shouldn't be encouraged, as it is now.

That way madness lies.

λngelღмander

Whatever comes of this vote, I think it's important to not that even if spam is allowed in status updates, it shouldn't be encouraged, as it is now.

That way madness lies.

That is definitely a given. I support the idea that we try to stop actual spam from taking over the status updates, but harmless useless posts from members being bannable I believe is just much too far. Besides, the mods can't be on to monitor status updates at all times.

jelly jiggler

Pls for the love of all that is good and holy don't moderate the status updates.

Within limits of course

Edit also try for allowing the community to choose polar <3

Avenging Flame

Moderate status updates. I am tired of the never ending shitposts. I avoid the GB for a reason. I don't want to be forced to see the constant stupidity of all the gb people literally writing about wanting to rape each other.

Puddingkeep

Make it so you can only post 10 status updates per some time period.

Would that be a good idea?

puddingkip

Whatever comes of this vote, I think it's important to note that even if spam is allowed in status updates, it shouldn't be encouraged, as it is now.

That way madness lies.

it has never been encouraged??

There just haven't ever been any rules for them and very little action taken. Spam isn't encouraged anywhere, not even the great below

Gent♥

it has never been encouraged??

There just haven't ever been any rules for them and very little action taken. Spam isn't encouraged anywhere, not even the great below

I know, Puddingkip, I didn't say it had been.

I said it was important that it was understood that's not what the first option on this poll represents.

...You really never read what I'm saying, do you? XD