Unlimited bp solves all the problem

1+1=3 ?

I just come up with a brilliant idea that can easily solve earbud crisis.

The reason why earbud is currency is that top bp have too many keys and their bp can't accommodate all the keys. Therefore, they use earbud to represent keys. However, this leads to the earbud crisis. 

If Valve allow players to have unlimited bp, people can use keys to buy the high-tier unusual instead of earbud and avoid the depreciation of the earbud.

The only problem is that people who own earbud will cry and earbud will literally worth 1.33 ref as a random craft hat.

Valve can set the minimum value...like you can trade 1 bud for 15 keys and vice versa from their store or soemthing ;D

I dont really care about buds but i would prefer something so you wont have to spend like hours putting in your keys

High level traders do use keys to buy unusuals. However, using earbuds is generally faster and easier most of the time.

How does using earbuds as a higher denomination create an earbud crisis? If anything, you have it backwards and convenience for large trades is the only thing propping up the value of earbuds

High tier traders would lose hundreds of dollars worth of items and unusual prices would have to be completely redone. Maybe it would help the economy for some players but others will quit because of this change ($2000 backpack -> $1000 or less).

Earbuds would drop to 4 or 5 keys, maybe even 3. They take up a whole cosmetic slot and aren't really noticeable.

Yes, but the thing is, if they implement unlimited bp space, they aren't making any more money selling expanders, thus this most likely won't ever happen.

Each row is 4 if in a trade, count rows.

Send a trade offer with script that counts amount of items, profit

(since when 7 buds is 200 keys)

Solves some but makes other.

Bp expanders will be worthless, alot of time of sorting your backpack. etc

item manager. saved me a lot of time so far

• Administrators

Not everyone prefers using scripts. 

Not everyone prefers using scripts. 

Make a petition to valve to add moving multiple items at once or suffer, that's all.

Steam Inventory Helper does just this.  It tells you how many items are in a trade offer on each side of the trade.

Could you give me a link to the item manager?

Could you give me a link to the item manager?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10221729/dev/js/gs/stoe/steam.trade.offer.enhancer.user.js

Steam trade offer enhancer that I am using currently

Only for google chrome, you will need to install tampermonkey for this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl

Tf2 inventory manager

http://www.jengerer.com/item_manager/

You might want enhanced steam (steam community suite) as well

http://jes.re/suite.user.js

OP has it backwards, I think. It's like telling the US mint to stop fabricating $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 bills so that people are forced to carry singles instead. Buds are to keys exactly what $100 bills are to $1 bills.

Or they should just group the same items into 1 item slot (see gems). This way we shouldn't count keys in the trade window + expanders would still be useful for different items.

A better idea is to introduce a way to bundle ref and keys together into sacks like the Steam Market gems.

The only problem is that people who own earbud will cry and earbud will literally worth 1.33 ref as a random craft hat.

lolno.

OP has it backwards, I think. It's like telling the US mint to stop fabricating $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 bills so that people are forced to carry singles instead. Buds are to keys exactly what $100 bills are to $1 bills.

Not really. The comparison would be valid if the $1 bill began to cost more and more pennies, and if the $20 started to cost fewer and fewer single dollars.

Or they should just group the same items into 1 item slot (see gems). This way we shouldn't count keys in the trade window + expanders would still be useful for different items.

This makes more sense to me

Archived