Would you want one?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay

• Zzzzzz
    • No
    • Yes, as a reader only
    • Yes, I would be interested in writing
    • Yes, I would be interested in a leadership position

EDIT: If you are interested, post below so it's easy to contact you if / when the time arises.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/11875-erts/?status_id=171702- idea is not a bad one

We have so many avid forum members. I think it would be cool to see everyone involved in some way or the other. Do a great job and you guys might be able to draw a huge viewership to something like this. I know a number of youtubers make videos on the happenings in TF2, but imo an entire forum army > one or a few users. We can be much more thorough, professional, and interesting.

What the newsletter would contain?

- Big news this week in TF2, including changes to games, updates, items, etc. 

- Big changes in the economy

- Fun news like recent high tier hat unboxings, new sites that TF2 enthusiasts might like, or other interesting rumblings in the gaming world. Heck, if people wanted to write game reviews or something like that, that might be interesting. 

- Opinion / Editorial posts?

- Forum gossip. xxx person got banned - could be a great below part of newsletter

Anyways, this is not a one person job and not a job I intend on undertaking. However, I find it intriguing enough to throw my support around it if enough people in our community are willing to come together to make something happen. Am willing to help organization in the beginning but the ownice will be on ya'll for taking it where you will. 

Feel free to post your thoughts, opinions, etc. Cheers!

I'm working on this polar, I'd like a shot. I have the time, dedication (look at my blogs) and the ability (again my blogs) to carry it out. 

I'd like the opportunity.

I'm working on this polar, I'd like a shot. I have the time, dedication (look at my blogs) and the ability (again my blogs) to carry it out. 

I'd like the opportunity.

You are active and avid enough, I'd love to give you the opportunity. But it can be hard to get something like this started and your initial post didn't really inspire confidence :P. If you want to make something great, you will need a huge amount of help. So I'm throwing my support behind you and everyone else in the forums. Do it right if you're going to do it.

I think pretty much everything you said Polar besides the reviews for unrelated games sounds like a good idea. although I could just skim over that part if it doesn't interest me.

I started a new one, I have a defined format down. I looked up how to make a newsletter actually, :P

I can of course change it to fit the needs of the forums, just let me know.

I started a new one, I have a defined format down. I looked up how to make a newsletter actually, :P

I can of course change it to fit the needs of the forums, just let me know.

That looks way better, haha. But you need some writers and information gatherers. It's impossible for one person to gather info, write, organize, and publish everything relevant that's going on.

That looks way better, haha. But you need some writers and information gatherers. It's impossible for one person to gather info, write, organize, and publish everything relevant that's going on.

Of course. I'm thinking about that now, I don't want to say I'm searching for staff because I'm not sure I'm even hired, but I have a few semantically apt forum members I'm thinking about.

I can try and help with anything related to unboxing god tier's or Uber rare god tiers being traded;up for sale (KE, TC, Brotherhood etc)

euhm I may not be seen as the most competent person here, but I would be interested as an information gatherer. Probably Steam related things and other off topic sites, as gathering info on TF2 solely would be difficult. If I could be considered for this, I'd be appreciative.

I'd totally love a read at even drafts. If I were to help out, I'm a pretty good proofreader. Not much work I could show unless you want to see the messiest high school journal/notebook of your life.

I could totally see this working to not only get new traders in the know of things, but also get some veteran traders something to enlighten their day with a read.

euhm I may not be seen as the most competent person here, but I would be interested as an information gatherer. Probably Steam related things and other off topic sites, as gathering info on TF2 solely would be difficult. If I could be considered for this, I'd be appreciative.

This is your chance to surprise people and maybe even yourself. 

I'd love to have you on staff, rambro!

Please, get online on steam and we'll talk about making a google doc to post all of the information in, so I can put it down. I can't gather it all myself :D

Angel approached me with this a moment ago but I declined, I know I'd disappoint on the workload.

As many of you but probably not the mods know, I've expressed an interest in making a ''podcast.tf'' on several occasions. I've been swamped with essays recently but that'll lighten off in the coming weeks and months so the will to do that could see a resurgence.

Everyone knows I can't be serious long enough to write an extended paragraph without cracking a couple gags, so I'd be no good for a newsletter, but a podcast is a medium where I'd have a little more freedom, whilst still contributing something to bp.tf more than suggestions, which is what I want to achieve.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on that, Polar.

I'm down to help, already working with Angel on the informal one

I doubt the formal and informal one will co-exist, Angel's pretty much immediately thrown all effort towards this one.

- Fun news like recent high tier hat unboxings

Rip Strife

How would the newsletter work, would it be something we could subscribe to and get weekly emails in our inbox? 

Archived