Suspicious Keys Buyer Scam Attempt through Paypal Chargeback?

Swiss

Hi everyone,

I'm new to paypal trade and I've traded 70 keys just now to a buyer and that after the trade (Money sent to me through and I traded my 70 keys to him), I found out that he scammed some people off using paypal chargebacks filing.

In the steam chat, he provided his email for me to check if his paypal is verified and after checking, it is.

However, when he sent me the money with 3 different transaction, all the sender's email are not the one he gave me in the steam chat although the email in the transaction is pp-acc-verified too.

In my paypal account, the fund records that the transaction is completed (not held/holding). Can he still file a chargeback in attempt to scam?

Right now, I'm very afraid that my money in the account would be lost. Can someone please tell me if the funds are secured? What should I do to secure my funds? What evidence should I take to win a dispute(if any)?

Regardless of being verified or not, anyone can file a chargeback. If he does, it will generally happen within a week or two.

If he had reports about it already, it's highly likely that he will do it to you as well. You should always check before trading; there are many guides, forum, posts out there.

Read a guide before you PayPal trade or get help from someone experienced. You can generally always charge back some people have charge backed a year after a transaction.

Make sure to always check there steam rep and, as well as their rep.tf pg.

That they have a good account ex expensive items, lots of hrs in games, lots of games that aren't free 2 play, high stream level, lots of yrs, and etc

Also make sure they have a rep thread with previous cash transactions and that they have a verified PayPal. Profile rep means nothing.

Also it should say that the person is verified or not when they send the money.

70 keys is almost 7 buds you should also limit the amount u sell at one time.

For evidence screenshot your conversation, screenshot and write down his steam profile, and screenshot ur trade history.

Thanks for the reply.

What can I do if he chargeback? I heard paypal won't do anything about it. I have all the evidence though. Strong enough to prove his crime. If I withdraw the money, will I get chargeback as well since there are no money in my account then?

Thanks for the reply.

What can I do if he chargeback? I heard paypal won't do anything about it. I have all the evidence though. Strong enough to prove his crime. If I withdraw the money, will I get chargeback as well since there are no money in my account then?

There's really no way to successfully dispute a chargeback -- I can count on one hand the number of successful disputes that I've seen occur in the past 4~ years of PP trading.

If you tae the money out of your account you end up with a negative balance, at which point Paypal will hunt you down....You don't want to have a negative balance (and thus owe pp money).

Paypal takes 0 risk but always gets its commission fees on transactions, I hate these guys. Another kind of bankers :) Warn Paypal of a possible judiciary action, they may prefer find a better solution.

There's really no way to successfully dispute a chargeback -- I can count on one hand the number of successful disputes that I've seen occur in the past 4~ years of PP trading.

If you tae the money out of your account you end up with a negative balance, at which point Paypal will hunt you down....You don't want to have a negative balance (and thus owe pp money).

If paypal really is hunting me, I can provide them all the evidence I have, enough to prove that its a false charge, can't I? Don't paypal know the situation or they just don't care? Perhaps it's better that paypal hunts me for false reason than losing my money without a legit reason, isn't?

Paypal takes 0 risk but always gets its commission fees on transactions, I hate these guys. Another kind of bankers :) Warn Paypal of a possible judiciary action, they may prefer find a better solution.

Do I just email them to warn about that or do I have to do something else such as getting some information beforehand?

If paypal really is hunting me, I can provide them all the evidence I have, enough to prove that its a false charge, can't I? Don't paypal know the situation or they just don't care? Perhaps it's better that paypal hunts me for false reason than losing my money without a legit reason, isn't?

Do I just email them to warn about that or do I have to do something else such as getting some information beforehand?

"Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family."

"Purchase Protection does not cover certain kinds of purchases. These include: digital goods (intangible items)....." 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection

Virtual items aren't supported by Paypal, and unless you happen to find a few hundred people who have been chargedback by the same person, and make a dispute directly referencing those other (many) people; or happen to own a store/work with paypal you won't win any dispute you make. 

"Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family."

"Purchase Protection does not cover certain kinds of purchases. These include: digital goods (intangible items)....." 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection

Virtual items aren't supported by Paypal, and unless you happen to find a few hundred people who have been chargedback by the same person, and make a dispute directly referencing those other (many) people; or happen to own a store/work with paypal you won't win any dispute you make. 

There are a few people who have been chargedback and I guess I can contact them. Anyway, if I tell paypal about this possible action beforehand, would that help? I will try everything possible to secure the trade and the other victim.

Archived